• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Motion GIFs

dbmiller

TalkEmount All-Pro
Just to be different. Took some of my water motion pictures and made some animated GIFs...

dbmiller

TalkEmount All-Pro
Interesting... I was looking at the Sony pages, and they will be coming out with an app for the 5R/6 to create what they call a "Cinematic Photo" automatically. Looks neat. Wonder if will be saved as a GIF, or video file.

I'm also very interested in the app for time lapse - No additional intervalometer needed!

PlayMemories Camera Apps™

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
OK, here's one just for fun. I used the speed-burst mode on my 5N and stitched it up in PS. Deliberately kept tacky by using just 8 frames...

Jumping.gif

I call it the... Ninja Flying-Bottle Spin-dodging Technique, lol! :D

nianys

TalkEmount All-Pro
I'm head over heels with the cinematic pictures, I find that insanely cool and incredibly artsy if done right.
I wish your water flow was much slower, but I love the concept.

dbmiller

TalkEmount All-Pro
Another one while I work on the Alaskan photos

This is the Surprise Glacier calving into Prince William Sound. My apologies for the long load time for those on slower connections.

Actual images come from a 4K crop from the A6000 (3840x2160) burst images reduced by 25%. 22 images were used, so this is 2 seconds of elapsed time played back over a 4 second loop with delays on the first and last frames.

Surprise-Glacier-Calving-01.gif

dbmiller

TalkEmount All-Pro
Now how do I post them directly???

If the web site generates an actual GIF file, you can put that URL inside the usual 'IMG' tags using the "Insert Image" button on the post editor.

Otherwise, you may need to figure out how to get the right text to embed in the post. Perhaps the site (giphy.com) has some insight on that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom