More NEX-7 arrival test shots...

Discussion in 'Nature' started by roundball, Aug 26, 2015.

1. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Cloudy overcast made good even light for a few colorful snapshots this morning.
    Canon FDn 300/4.0-L on NEX-7
    So far, everything seems to be working fine on this NEX-7...good range of color in these 3 shots.

FEMALE NORTHERN CARDINAL

MALE NORTHERN CARDINAL

TUFTED TITMOUSE

• Like Like x 5
  2. fractal

fractal TalkEmount All-Pro

Jun 17, 2014
    Southeastern PA
    Chris
    Nice shots - so now you have 2 NEX-7?

3. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    This like new used one is to replace an NEX-7 I bought a couple years ago which I just sent off to be converted to IR.
    I didn't want to chance investing in an IR Conversion on a used camera that I didn't know might have an intermittent problem or something...so I sent one to be converted that I have 100% confidence in based on 12,xxx shutter count over two years, etc.
    My preference is to always have 2 normal working camera bodies, which I do.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  4. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    • Like Like x 2
  5. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Saw this Yellow Swallowtail floating across the backyard and land on a leaf, not a flower mind you but a plain leaf...they don't usually stay in one spot very long on a flower much less a leaf...but figured I'd try.
    Raced into the other room, grabbed my 200 Macro and swapped it with the 300 Tele on the camera. Grabbed a tripod and mounted ASAP, shoved my feet into some shoes, unlocked the back door, and sprinted out to the woods line.
    To my disbelief it was still there...I set up ASAP for fear it would fly off any second, started shooting as soon as Focus Peaking seemed even remotely close, LOL.
    Not as tack sharp as I'd like but that was because of the loose nut behind the EVF, not the camera...as a test on this recent NEX-7 with a different lens, different apertures, different shutter speeds, the camera body continues to do fine.

YELLOW SWALLOWTAIL

One of the things that bothers me in this photo is it appears to show that the intense setting sunlight from behind me went past the Butterfly and lit up all of last year's dead brown leaves in the woods.
    Out of curiosity, I started experimenting with various "special effects" options a moment ago and clicked on one that significantly reduced the vibrance / darkened the entire background, without changing the Butterfly & green leaves...thought it was an interesting / different look.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  6. WNG

WNG TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    Cardinal shot is excellent. That L glass truly shines.

BTW, congrats on finding another NEX 7 body.

• Like Like x 1