1. Welcome to TalkEmount.com—a friendly Sony E-mount camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Moon Over

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by TedG954, May 8, 2019.

1. TedG954

TedG954 TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Nov 29, 2014
    South Florida and NE Ohio
    Ted Gersdorf
    Amsterdam

2019 Rhine ReDo   5_1480 SM.JPG
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Like Like x 5
  2. TedG954

TedG954 TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Nov 29, 2014
    South Florida and NE Ohio
    Ted Gersdorf
    2019 Rhine ReDo   6.jpg
    2019 Rhine ReDo   7.jpg
    2019 Rhine ReDo   8.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  3. bdbits

bdbits TalkEmount All-Pro

Sep 10, 2015
    Bob
    I am convinced it is impossible for an urban photo in the Netherlands to not contain one or more bicycles.

Which is fine given the geography and climate. But that will not work here when it is -10F/-12C outside with 6in/15cm or more of snow on the ground (without drifts). :shakehead:

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. pellicle

pellicle TalkEmount Veteran

oddly people still cycle in Finland (including me) when its well into the -20C range ... snow drifts on the other hand are an impediment, but I've noted that out on the lakes I see those fat tyred bikes ...

A quick video I did in Finland on such a day to explain such to my Australian mates

(*phone cam)

and in this video I used my bicycle to haul my XC skis out to the lake (-20 or so) to take this video (sorry, Panasonic GH-1). I passed many people riding bicycles on the forest tracks to an fro (as well as skiers on their tracks which run beside the cycle / walking tracks)

*slight language alert in final seconds
    Life goes on, even if its cold, because its cold a lot of the time in Finland

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  5. bdbits

bdbits TalkEmount All-Pro

Sep 10, 2015
    Bob
    I have occasionally seen people even here on fat-tired bikes in the snow, but it is definitely not the rule. We have a lot of descendants of people from your part of the world (especially Norway), so that may explain it. :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.