Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Nubster, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Nubster

Nubster TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 5, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Thinking about getting a new monitor. Currently I have a Dell, it's pretty much just the standard LCD, 21" I think. The size is good though I'd like maybe something a little bigger, 23" or 24". 27" is likely way out of my price range. I was looking at a Dell UltraSharp U2312HM 23" Monitor for $250. Anything else to look at in the same price range, maybe up to $300?
  2. Nubster

Nubster TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 5, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    I found another option...the LG - 23" Flat-Panel IPS LED HD Monitor for $239. Get's pretty good reviews for a monitor so low priced.
  3. quezra

quezra TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    I really don't know much about monitors, only that they pretty much all can meet all of my needs as long as they're 1920 x 1080 (full HD). I have a 27" Samsung monitor that came in at about $500 (probably cheaper these days) and my TV is a 32" LG (not full HD but I got it way back in 2008 or so). My work monitor is a 1600 x 900 23" Lenovo - for work it exceeds my needs. If I were to get a laptop it would have to be a minimum of 1600 x 900 and that's all I need in that range... retina displays are just battery burners which I can live without.
  4. Deadbear77

Deadbear77 TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Sep 14, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    I just bought a 27in ips 2560/1440 from micro center for 399.00.

I've read up on it and its made from the same lg panels as the thunderbolt apple and the Dell ultra sharp 2713.

I guess the only difference from what I read about is that they did not pass the auto color test and they need a bit more tweaking to get the color correct. I just turned it on for the first time yesterday and I was blown away. It's almost too big.
  5. amoebahydra

amoebahydra TalkEmount Regular

Aug 11, 2014
    I use two monitors side by side, a Eizo Foris FX2431 and a Wacom Cintique 24HD. Both monitor is capable to reproduce 96% of AdobeRGB gaumet. Wacom Cintique 24HD can be adjusted to lap and serve as input device.

6. shaolin95

shaolin95 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jul 3, 2013
    I own a QNIX 27" IPS of those famous ones :D
    Love it! The size and resolution plus the IPS colors (calibrated too) made me much better at PPing of course. :)