1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Miscellaneous Images

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by Phoenix, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    I attended a local Street photography workshop last week in Sydney (ok, not really local) , it was fun and interesting and while I was expecting to take a lot of street shots after the workshop I ended up just goofing around taking 'whatever' shots as I was walking around Sydney and some of the shots I still had back in Melbourne. I was going for the slightly soft film look and I'm not so sure how I would classify the images, so I'll just put it under the 'misc' genre.

2. Phoenix

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    and some in colour

6968756404_dd1e9cc4fa_b.

7114837701_dd30b148bd_b.

3. Bolampau

Bolampau TalkEmount Veteran

Apr 22, 2012
    Lincolnshire, England
    Paul
    Hey Phoenix, two great set of photos. My favourite is the Bank of Australasia with the three monkeys watching the three passers-by!
    One suggestion if I may, I'd crop out the guy and loudspeaker on the right hand edge of the photo.
    Cheers,
    Paul

4. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Great sets Phoenix... my favs are the first B&W pic (city of men behind city of birds) and the 2nd and 3rd colour pics especially the 'Blue Neon Alley'

5. Phoenix

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    Thanks for the feedback, I'll keep it in mind

6. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    At first I didn't see the monkeys and I wondered what you were talking about... after reviewing the photos, there they were, haha!

I also only just noticed that the Bank of Australia is also a Pub!! How bizarre! Maybe in Oz these establishments ARE one and the same, lol!
    "Good morning Maam, I would like to withdraw some cash and a tall cold glass of Heineken..."

7. Bolampau

Bolampau TalkEmount Veteran

Apr 22, 2012
    Lincolnshire, England
    Paul
    Yep, I think it is a really great photo, reminiscent of HCB! Great stuff Phoenix.
    Cheers,
    Paul

8. Phoenix

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    Thanks guys, I wasnt really thinking when I was shooting, all I really did was the vaseline on the filter trick with some of the shots and used the in-built toy filter while pushing the ISO with some of the colour shots to get the particular look I was after.

oh, btw I did particularly liked the irony of the Bank of Australia (everyone's money) being kept in a pub and guarded by monkeys, as well as storm clouds over the city and bird colony.

Thanks again guys.

9. JimR

JimR TalkEmount Regular

Mar 28, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Jim
    Classic! Great set. Reminds me Australia is another place on my list of places to visit before I die.

10. freddytto

freddytto TalkEmount All-Pro

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    some pictures are really very nice buddy, I love las1, the 3 looks like the shadow of an alien, and the 5 of the first set, in the second section in color are fantastic, the alley with blue light, and last 2 pictures are great portrait.

11. Phoenix

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    Cheers mate

12. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Great shots Phoenix. Wicked skies in that second color shot.

13. Phoenix

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    Thank you, much obliged