Minor score

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by TonyTurley, Nov 30, 2014.

1. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    I've been looking for a decent 200mm lens for my NEX-6 and OM-D E-M5. I've been quite happy with my late model MD Tele Rokkor-X 135/3.5. I was hoping to find something similarly compact and light in the 200mm range. Unfortunately, I only found 2 of the later MD versions. One had an asking price of $220, and the other was covered in fungus. I decided to place a bid on a mint in original packaging MC Tele Rokkor-X 200/4. Although 100g heavier, the sample images I found on Flickr were very nice. I placed a minimum bid of $40, expecting to lose out, but came home from church today to find I had been the only bidder. Nice! It will be a lot easier to carry around on my camera or in my bag than an 80-200 zoom. I've been able to get a few bird pics with the 135, but 200mm will give me a better reach when I need it.

Tony

• Like Like x 1
  2. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Good deal for you...a 200 tele is a good tool.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SpaceManSpiff

SpaceManSpiff TalkEmount Top Veteran

Dec 13, 2013
    Tucson, AZ
    Eric
    Curious to hear what you think of it when you get it --sounds like a good deal! I have a pentax-m 200 f/4 and a konica 200 f/4 that are useful (and much lighter than my Vivitar Series1 70-205).

• Like Like x 1
  4. WestOkid

WestOkid TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    Gary
    Wow! I don't have any legacy, but I would take that deal. Constant f/4. Nice!

• Like Like x 1
  5. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Yeah and you can't beat a $40 risk to investment ratio !!
    :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. jai

jai TalkEmount Top Veteran

Feb 4, 2013
    Nice work.

I paid around double that for a Pentax 200mm F4, and thought I got a pretty good deal too. Keen to see some samples.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Will do. I should have it in a few days.

Tony

8. jai

jai TalkEmount Top Veteran

Feb 4, 2013
    Problem is, it's hard finding willing subjects and enough light to get test shots with a 200mm lens. It does make me feel like a pervert walking around in public with it.

It can absolutely obliterate a background though, that is fun:

15920620001_d9d9117fda_b.jpg

• Like Like x 3