1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Minor score

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by TonyTurley, Nov 30, 2014.

1. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    I've been looking for a decent 200mm lens for my NEX-6 and OM-D E-M5. I've been quite happy with my late model MD Tele Rokkor-X 135/3.5. I was hoping to find something similarly compact and light in the 200mm range. Unfortunately, I only found 2 of the later MD versions. One had an asking price of $220, and the other was covered in fungus. I decided to place a bid on a mint in original packaging MC Tele Rokkor-X 200/4. Although 100g heavier, the sample images I found on Flickr were very nice. I placed a minimum bid of $40, expecting to lose out, but came home from church today to find I had been the only bidder. Nice! It will be a lot easier to carry around on my camera or in my bag than an 80-200 zoom. I've been able to get a few bird pics with the 135, but 200mm will give me a better reach when I need it.

Tony

• Like Like x 1
  2. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Good deal for you...a 200 tele is a good tool.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SpaceManSpiff

SpaceManSpiff TalkEmount Top Veteran

Dec 13, 2013
    Tucson, AZ
    Eric
    Curious to hear what you think of it when you get it --sounds like a good deal! I have a pentax-m 200 f/4 and a konica 200 f/4 that are useful (and much lighter than my Vivitar Series1 70-205).

• Like Like x 1
  4. WestOkid

WestOkid TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    Gary
    Wow! I don't have any legacy, but I would take that deal. Constant f/4. Nice!

• Like Like x 1
  5. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Yeah and you can't beat a $40 risk to investment ratio !!
    :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. jai

jai TalkEmount Top Veteran

Feb 4, 2013
    Nice work.

I paid around double that for a Pentax 200mm F4, and thought I got a pretty good deal too. Keen to see some samples.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Will do. I should have it in a few days.

Tony

8. jai

jai TalkEmount Top Veteran

Feb 4, 2013
    Problem is, it's hard finding willing subjects and enough light to get test shots with a 200mm lens. It does make me feel like a pervert walking around in public with it.

It can absolutely obliterate a background though, that is fun:

15920620001_d9d9117fda_b.

• Like Like x 3