Minolta rokkor 135mm f2.8

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by lowincash, Jan 8, 2013.

1. lowincash

lowincash TalkEmount Regular

Dec 21, 2011
    Los Angeles
    So last week my friend asked me to shoot some pics of him, his gf and dog by his work before they take down the Christmas decorations. I shot mostly with the kit 18-55 lens and the 50mm 1.4 but it's quite hard to MF when the dog won't stay still lol I only managed one picture using the 135mm lens. I don't use this lens that often but when I do I like it quite a lot and think I'll use it more often :cool:

Just took one shot before the dog ran off.

I was already done with the shoot using and thought I play with the 135mm. The sun was already going down, I was standing quite a far ways back and used the tiny on camera flash. Plus, I had set it to EV -0.7 and forgot to change it back so the picture came out quite underexposed. I only brighten up the pic a bit in PP.

I don't know, the color looks a bit too artificial, not as warm as the OMD. I'll try adjusting the WB to see if it helps, it was on auto WB.

Oh yeah, I lost my new 49mm CPL filter that day, I'm pretty sure I left it at that place =/
  2. Orange

Orange TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 4, 2013
    It's not Orange!
    Despite all that you say above about the technical side, what a lovely moment captured! The expressions, the look from the dog, that's what photography is all about! And I bet your friends LOVE that photo, right?! Nice pic :)
  3. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Ok, breathe by the nose and relax... it's an awesome shot !!! Of course it doesn't hurt they're gorgeous couple in a great looking place, even the dog is cute. But you should give yourself more credit, it's a great picture.
  4. lowincash

lowincash TalkEmount Regular

Dec 21, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Thanks =]

And yup they do like this pic, but they're not much into photography so they like anything lol
  5. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    I agree with Claire- it's a nice pic. It may not be perfect (how many shots are?), but it works, so quit sweating it.
  6. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
  7. Jefenator

Jefenator TalkEmount Top Veteran

Nov 23, 2012
    Oregon, USA
    I agree - hard to go wrong with that trio! :)

You should set up an image archive thread for that lens if there isn't one already (I may have something to add eventually)
  8. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Oodles and oodles of personality coming through in that shot.

There are two colour temperatures in that shot, warm in the sunlight and cool in the shadows - a tricky WB situation. I must say that lens (and the NEX sensor) performed beautifully nonetheless. That's a really nice lens!