Minolta / NEX Blog?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by mingus2112, Jul 28, 2014.

1. mingus2112

mingus2112 TalkEmount Regular

Jun 16, 2014
    Hey guys,

I've wanted to put together some kind of Minolta site for quite some time, but have always run into the "it's been done before" effect. There is a TON of information out there already and, even though it's scattered, i'd hate to repeat it. (or, even worse, plagiarize it) There are also plenty of sites out there that, in addition to their own EXCELLENT content (i'm looking at you, addieleman!), provide links to other resources. These are the sites that I find most useful. Obviously, I don't want to copy that format and muddy the waters, so I was thinking about a blog. Something dedicated (mostly) to using Minolta glass with digital cameras. (Obviously, E-Mount would be the main focus)

I find two issues with this. 1) Time and Expertise - While I certainly have enthusiasm, I have neither the time nor the expertise to dedicate to making the site worthwhile. I could certainly write an article here and there, and would love to post photos, but there would not be enough content to make people want to look at it. 2) What I call the "rokkorfiles effect." Great site, but Antony stopped updating the site a long time ago. Once he moved on as a professional photographer, he sold a lot of his Minolta gear. Which leads me to the idea. . .

What about a collaborative blog with several contributors? Some of the lens showcase posts on here are absolutely fantastic. I'd love to have that on a minolta site. Something dedicated to digital. It wouldn't have to be lens reviews only. Could be all sorts of information - anything you'd want to get out there. I could manage the site from the technical side (that's what I do for a living). I would just need a few of you Rokkerphiles to help with the content. Any takers?

-James

2. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    I think I couldn't keep myself from contributing :). I think I mainly would write about my experiences with Minolta lenses on the cameras I have (A7 and NEX-6 at present), on an irregular basis.

3. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    I know we have a few hard care Rokkor/Minolta members.

I myself have one Rokkor that I love and a few Minolta's that have come and gone.

4. mingus2112

Jun 16, 2014
    And that's all i'm looking for! If enough people contribute, infrequent contributions would be all we'd need! They could even (and i'd actually encourage this to keep this section of the forum bustling with rokkors!) be just duplicates of some of the things that are posted here with links on the bottom to the forum thread for discussion. At first, it would be great to have some of your lens thoughts. The section on your site about the handful of Rokkors that you actually use is great!

-James

5. Hawkman

Hawkman TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 10, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Steve
    I'd be happy to contribute some "articles" James! While I'm new to this aspect of photography, I like to think I have something of a penchant for writing (though maybe not the practice). And, as some of my posts will show, I can certainly fill a page when called upon. ;)

It'd also give me the opportunity and excuse to do some experimenting and lens "testing". Excuse... as in providing a reason to give the spouse as to why I am setting up odd stuff in or around the house and taking pictures of otherwise "useless" things for no apparent "rational" reason. ;)

6. mingus2112

Jun 16, 2014
    AMEN! Looks like we've got a few interested parties, then. Yes? I'll set something up next week to start working on. Addie - would love to use some of your lens pics for the header, main page, etc. Got any of groups of Rokkors? ;)

-James

7. Hawkman

Sep 10, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Steve
    James,
    I just recalled that one of the other members here, I believe, started an Adapted Rokkor blog. Have you seen it?
    http://adaptedrokkor.wordpress.com

Doesn't look like it's been updated in awhile, but worth a mention.

Sent from TalkEmount app on iPad

8. mingus2112

Jun 16, 2014
    I had not seen that before! It's very similar to what I'm looking to do. Ugh - decisions! I'm still game if you guys are still willing to contribute. Plenty of Rokkor to go around!

9. Hawkman

Sep 10, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Steve
    I'm still game for it.

Sent from my iPhone using TalkEmount