Minolta MD Zoom 28-70 f3.5-4.8 & Hoya HMC Wide Auto 28mm f2.8

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by sto0ka, May 13, 2018.

1. sto0ka

sto0ka TalkEmount Regular

Apr 11, 2018
    Ireland
    Hi again :D
    somehow managed to get those 2 lenses for a (lets say) bargain
    Minolta is in classic MD mount and Hoya in PK (pentax)
    I already have both adapters for my nex 3n

So anyone have some good or bad (that's why i said "maybe a bargain") experiences on crop sensors and this lenses ?
    Or any comments in general :D
    thank you
    minolta_md_28_70_3_5_4_8_02_large.jpg s-l1600 (1).jpg s-l1600.jpg

2. siftu

siftu TalkEmount Regular

Jan 30, 2016
    I want one of those minoltas to fall in my lap. They have gone up in price a lot but still are not bad really. Great lens from what I have seen of it.

Edit: Oops I thought it was the 35-70 macro

Last edited: May 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. WNG

WNG TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    The Hoya is an excellent lens and is made by Tokina. (Hoya and Tokina are under the same umbrella) The Tokina version is their RMC 28mm f/2.8.

The Minolta MD Zoom may also be a Tokina-made lens! Many of these standard zooms with a variable aperture from a number of brands were actually manufactured for them by Tokina. They did it better and cheaper so it wiser to commission them to manufacture these consumer level zooms. Tokina supplied Minolta, Pentax, Olympus, Konica, Nikon.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur Subscribing Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    That Hoya 2.8/28 looks beautiful! I don't consider the Minolta 28-70 a real Minolta lens, it's been built by another manufacturer and its build quality isn't up to Minolta standards IMHO; image quality isn't bad but not spectacular either. Stop down to f/8 or so for best results if I remember well; I couldn't even find test pictures with this lens.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. sto0ka

sto0ka TalkEmount Regular

Apr 11, 2018
    Ireland
    Can't wait to test both, hopefully shipping won't take to long.

Will definitely post some sample images as soon I have them in my hands.

I'm sure that Hoya will perform better than my current w.rokkor 3.5/28mm and as you say for 28-70, stepped down will do OK job. (even if not, it was that cheap that even my wife won't mind :D)

Thanks guys.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.