1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Showcase Minolta MD Tele Rokkor-X 135 1:3.5

Discussion in 'Adapted Lens Sample Image Showcase' started by TonyTurley, Jun 16, 2014.

1. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    My new Minolta MD Tele Rokkor-X 135/3.5 arrived today. What a nice little lens! Mint condition, and feels even lighter than I expected. I was hoping to get some pics of something other than flowers, but it is getting ready to storm, and I'm lucky to have had the light I had. This lens has the same rich colors and contrast as my other two Minolta primes, a 28/2.8 and a 50/1.7. I did not boost the colors or saturation of these photos. I look at these photos and wonder why I ever bought any lens other than a Minolta.

DSC00866_zpsc6def05f.

DSC00868_zpsceac3f04.

DSC00869_zps12712bff.

• Like Like x 7
  2. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    I peeked out my window on the way to work, and saw a few critters scampering about in the front yard. At first there was a squirrel, a Blue Jay, and a Cardinal, but a sneak attack by the other two squirrels drove away the birds just as I was pulling out the NEX. The first photo isn't quite as sharp as the others, but I included it because I like the pose of the other two squirrels. Really liking this new Minolta 135.

Tony

DSC00871_zpsf0a1fec3.

DSC00874_zps85d22d63.

DSC00875_zpsf50e74ca.

• Like Like x 2
  3. NkedFatWhiteGuy

NkedFatWhiteGuy TalkEmount Veteran

Oct 28, 2013
    Portland, Oregon
    So glad to see someone using this lens! I stumbled into owning a copy of it because I wanted to try a 135 mm, I love Minolta lenses, and it was fairly inexpensive (even though I think I paid a bit more than I could have gotten it for). I have had it for a month or two and haven't had it out to shoot yet.

After seeing your images, I am really wanting to take it for a dpin! Thank you for the kick! ;)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. mingus2112

mingus2112 TalkEmount Regular

Jun 16, 2014
    3 of my collection (of 17 Minolta lenses) are the 135 - all different versions. One of them is, apparently, a really good copy - 4 element / 4 group f2.8. I mentioned it in another thread. I took it out for a spin on my NEX 3N the other day with mixed results. I'm just getting used to adapted lenses, so the sunny shots all came out great. The shots I was trying to take of ducks in the brook were less than stellar because I wasn't paying attention to the shutter speed. I will say that the colors in this lens are great. I'm more than pleased with it. I would imagine the colors (especially stopped down a bit) would be pretty consistent across all 3 different versions - and yours as well. Kudos on having one of my favorites! ;)

• Like Like x 1