1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Showcase Minolta MD Tele Rokkor 300mm 1:5.6

Discussion in 'Adapted Lens Sample Image Showcase' started by addieleman, Jan 1, 2016.

1. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    Some image samples here just to show how the lens performs on the A7, nothing artsy :). The images benefit in general from Lightroom's defringe but I did not apply that to the files here so you can see for yourself that purple fringing is relatively mild. My fellow pixelpeepers can click on an image to see the full-res version, EXIF available.

At f/8. Sharpness extends nicely to the edges.
    i-6B8PMNB-X3.jpg

At f/8 again. Some slight purple fringing can be seen around the weathercock stand and check out foreground bokeh which looks OK to me.
    i-vwRCzrt-X3.jpg

At f/11 with a 28mm extension ring, at about 2.5m. The lens focusses only to 4.5m on its own.
    i-dSjnZLJ-X3.jpg

Brick wall at f/11 with 28mm extension ring as close as it'll go, center crop.
    i-FVPfLkv.jpg

Same picture, lower-right corner crop. A bit fuzzy in the extreme corner but still quite useable IMHO.
    i-dxLvFBQ.jpg

At f/8, check foreground bokeh.
    i-389bTJn-X3.jpg

At f/8 and 4.5m (no extension ring). Flowers in the lower right corner are sharp, check background bokeh upper left. Crazy "winter", in The Netherlands we didn't have a single night in December with frost, so here and there some flowers stay or re-emerge.
    i-F3rTtPv-X3.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. Nexnut

Nexnut TalkEmount Top Veteran

Are these SOOC jpgs, Ad? Looks like some pretty transparent rendition to me ... nice.

• Like Like x 1
  3. addieleman

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    No, I shot in raw and processed in Lightroom as I always do. I might have bumped contrast here and there, the light was dull today. I think "Daylight" in the EXIF is the kind of lighting, daylight as opposed to flash. The WB is designated as manual; I always set the WB in Lightroom, to Cloudy in this case.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nexnut

Nexnut TalkEmount Top Veteran

I somehow remembered you as a RAW man, Ad, but had to ask anyway. I wasn't so sure about the color of the curtains in the first shot but did a quick white balance and the colors look pretty much the same as over here, not too far away and getting colder by the day.

• Like Like x 1
  5. addieleman

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    Must say I didn't care too much for the white balance to be dead-on, I mostly prefer to err on the warm side of neutral.

• Agree Agree x 2