1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Showcase Minolta MC Tele Rokkor-PF 1:2.8 f=135mm

Discussion in 'Adapted Lens Sample Image Showcase' started by Jefenator, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Jefenator

Jefenator TalkEmount Top Veteran

Nov 23, 2012
    Oregon, USA
    Jeff
    I've had this thing for about a year now - finally had occasion to use it yesterday at a music festival!

minolta-135-1.
    minolta-135-2.
    minolta-135-3.

I'm not a big telephoto guy normally, so I don't have much frame of reference. Contrast seems a little low, compared against the modern wide lens I was also shooting. The colors seem typical for the other Minoltas from this era I've shot (slightly "smoky").

When I really nail focus and have sufficient shutter speed, sharpness seems to be pretty good - particularly if I can stop down to f/4. If shots like these were going to become my bread and butter I might be inclined to invest in something newer, faster and sharper wide open.

As it is, for my one annual foray into action shooting, this is working quite nicely. I mostly relied on the focus peaking with the NEX-7 and had a pretty good keeper rate. I was also pleasantly surprised at how well things turned out after sundown when I had to open up wide and bump up the ISO.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jefenator

Jefenator TalkEmount Top Veteran

Nov 23, 2012
    Oregon, USA
    Jeff
    Dusted this lens off again for my annual music festival shoot. On the A7 the wide open performance seems quite decent.
    28972508906_bf96a5158f_b. Justin Gordon at West Coast Country Music Festival by Jeff Addicott, on Flickr

I was thinking about getting one of the FE telephoto zooms, but if I can stick with this lens for occasional use, I think I can save a heck of a lot of money! ;)

• Like Like x 7