1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Minolta MC Tele Rokkor-HF 300mm f:4.5 on NEX-6

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by -et-, Aug 17, 2013.

1. -et-

-et- TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 26, 2013
    Southern California
    Tom
    Last Sunday I took one of my grandsons to a local playground, as I often do on the weekends. As I usually do, I took along a camera - equipped on this occasion with a 300mm manual-focus Minolta lens that I have owned for many years. My primary motivation for this lens choice was that it would let me sit in the shade and still have a chance to get a few shots during the 3 hours he was roaring around the playground at high speed.

The first image is cropped to about 75% of full-frame. The last two have only minor cropping. Obviously, all have been downsized for posting.

All images were taken hand-held. The first was shot at 1/800 second and the last two at 1/400 second. All were shot at f:8.

- Tom

300mm-603437.

300mm-603439. 300mm-603441.

2. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Nice. I just bought one of these in mint condition. Looking forward to its arrival.

Tony

3. macro

macro TalkEmount Regular

Feb 3, 2012
    New Zealand
    Danny Young
    Hand held at those shutter speeds with a 300mm, very well done. Nice colours and contrast and there is nothing wrong with your focusing skills either. Bang on.

All the best and nicely done, great lens by the looks.

Danny.

4. -et-

-et- TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 26, 2013
    Southern California
    Tom
    The phrase "hand-held" is not really completely accurate, even though it is technically correct. I need to minimize my exposure to the sun, so I was sitting on a bench at a picnic table under a roof supported by pillars, and I was able to put one of my elbows on the table. That helped the aiming stability quite a bit.

I was also able to predict what my grandson would be doing some of the time, so I could pre-focus on areas such as the exit from the slide, using the zoom feature of the viewfinder as an accuracy aid, and wait for him to appear.

- Tom -

5. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Hand-held braced is one acceptable term. I usually don't quibble about it. ;)

6. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Nice work

7. shaolin95

shaolin95 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jul 3, 2013
    I just joined the club! I cant wait to get it :D

8. shaolin95

shaolin95 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jul 3, 2013
    Did you guys get a lens cap with it? I got mine but it came with some haze filter to protect the lens (which gave me a good scare when I was pissed off at how much the lens suck until I noticed the filter and removed it lol ).
    I am guessing I will get something from ebay.

9. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    I did get a lens cap with mine.

Tony

10. -et-

-et- TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 26, 2013
    Southern California
    Tom
    Mine came with a lens cap, but I have owned the lens for many years, so that is not necessarily a good indication of what to expect today.

- Tom -