Showcase Minolta MC Rokkor-PG 58mm f/1.4

Discussion in 'Adapted Lens Sample Image Showcase' started by astaireathon, Jul 20, 2013.

1. astaireathon

astaireathon TalkEmount Regular

Jul 13, 2013
    Pittsburgh
    Hey everyone! I've just picked up an old Minolta 58mm 1.4 (not a 1.2, sadly), and shot around with it a little yesterday. I need a lot more time with it, as my initial impressions have me on the fence. You can check out my initial reaction here:

Fifty-eight | almost too serious

I'll post some more images as soon as I have some decent enough for public viewing, but in the mean time, does anyone else use this lens, and if so, do you like it?

20130719-01.

20130719-03.

2. pworden

pworden TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 26, 2013
    State College, PA
    Patti
    I got one of these by mistake today. It came in with a 28mm f/1.8 Minolta MC Rokkor-X that I purchased on eBay. It had no lens cover and the metal ring around the front is a little beat up – an extra lens cover isn't a perfect fit but stays on. The seller said he'll let me know if it was supposed to go to someone else, but probably just keep it. I'll post some images this weekend. What were your concerns with it? Did you keep it?

3. Jwhaley

Jwhaley New to TalkEmount

Feb 8, 2013
    Louisville
    James
    • Like Like x 1
  4. pworden

pworden TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 26, 2013
    State College, PA
    Patti
    Nice! The seller asked me to ship that lens back. Was sorry to part with it but it really wasn't mine.