Minolta MC Rokkor f/1.4 50mm

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Frank Teurlings, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Frank Teurlings

Frank Teurlings TalkEmount Regular

Dec 10, 2012
    Netherlands
    I can a Minolta MC Rokkor PG-f/1.4/50 mm buy with lens hood and lenscaps about $ 100.-. In very good condition. Is it worth to buy this.

2. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    It's a little expensive, but it's a great lens.

3. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    Agree with nianys, it's a little expensive. In The Netherlands you should be able to get it with some patience for 50-75 euros (Marktplaats); if the lens you mention is sold from outside the EU, you likely have to pay import duties which would be about 30-35 euros extra.

4. mobias

mobias TalkEmount Regular

Nov 4, 2012
    Sounds expensive to me. I got a Minolta Rokkor MC 50mm f1.7 for £20 off ebay last week. Seems like a great lens so far.

5. Deadbear77

Deadbear77 TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Sep 14, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    Kevin
    There is a big price difference between the 1.7 and 1.4.

Same in saying another big difference between the 1.4 and 1.2.

6. Frank Teurlings

Frank Teurlings TalkEmount Regular

Dec 10, 2012
    Netherlands
    According to experts, is the MC Rokkor PG 1.4/50 mm one of the sharpest lenses. 75 euros including shipping costs.

7. Edwin

Edwin TalkEmount Rookie

Jan 15, 2013
    I'd say go for it. It might be a little overpriced but for the sharp results you will get, this still isn't a lot of money. I bought the MD version and am extremely happy with it. Sometimes paying that little extra can work in your advance because you will treat it more carefully and it gets more on-camera-time. Those lenses are hard to find on marktplaats because there are more people (like me) searching for it!

8. mobias

mobias TalkEmount Regular

Nov 4, 2012
    There's lots for sale on ebay at the moment for various prices. £50 ($80) seems to be about the average cost plus shipping.

9. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    I'd say the $100 price (incl. shipping costs) is a pretty good deal (since it includes the lens hood and caps)

10. Grisu_HDH

Grisu_HDH TalkEmount Veteran

Dec 16, 2012
    Southern Germany
    Markus
    Bought my Rokkor MD 1.4 including both original lend caps for 65 EUR including shipment.
    But this was an ebay auction, no instant buy which are more expensive normally...

11. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    That seems like a fair price. Does it come from inside the EU? Otherwise you may end up paying import duties, which would amount to about 25-30 euros.