1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Minolta Blind buy a lens today

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by ilovenex, Feb 17, 2013.

1. ilovenex

ilovenex TalkEmount Regular

Feb 14, 2013
    Vancouver
    So I went to flea market today and I hear about Minolta lenses all the time in this forum. So I blind buy this lens can anyone tell me if it's a good lens and will it work with my nex with adapter? Where can I buy that adapter and what's it called? Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    I don't know about the 1:2 50mm, but usually, all of the 50mm Rokkors are fine (and fun) lenses. A Minolta MD to NEX adapter should be available from Amazon or ebay.

3. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    similar

Several members have that lens and love it.

I have a 45mm that I love.

4. Deadbear77

Deadbear77 TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Sep 14, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    Kevin
    I have one. It's pretty sharp at 2.0. Much sharper at 2.8

5. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    It's a little bit off topic, and I already did the math (dof of 0,25 meters at a distance of 2,5 meters), but could somebody show me a head and shoulder portrait with a 50mm lens at f/2.8? I'll use the 50mm 2.8 CZ as a portrait lens too for at least the rest of the year (because I don't shoot many portraits and can't afford a faster portrait lens right now), so I'm very interested in how exactly the dof works out on this kind of image.

6. ilovenex

Feb 14, 2013
    Vancouver
    I just saw ebay the lens is going for $450-550 can anyone confirm using this lens. And which adapter you guys use fotodiox or rainbowimaging ? Dont know which is better or if it matters

7. Nubster

Nubster TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 5, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Chad
    I'm using a FOTGA adapter for my MD lenses. It's cheap and decent quality. No complaints.

8. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    That MD 50mm f/2.0 lens you bought costs from $20-$40....
    I use the cheap made in China adapters

9. Nubster

Jan 5, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Chad
    What lens is going for $450-550? Not the MC ROKKOR-X PF 50mm f/2. It's a $50 lens at best.

10. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    Uh uh, the faster 1.7 version goes for about $40, so this one should be ok around 30 :) Rainbowimaging is fine, lots of us use them. The general consensus about adapters here is, the cheaper, the better.

11. Nubster

Jan 5, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Chad
    I'd grab a 50mm f/1.4 if you need the faster glass. You can get one for less than $100 and it's an EXCELLENT lens. I doubt the f/1.2 is $300 better.

12. ilovenex

Feb 14, 2013
    Vancouver
    dammit :( i was so excited to use it. i paid $40 oh well lesson learned. i need to learn more about lenses and aperature and all that stuff.

so that 1: is in all lenses? so if the lens is 1.8 it would be 1: 1.8?

13. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    That's right, and we've all be confused/mistaken with that at first !

14. Frank Teurlings

Frank Teurlings TalkEmount Regular

Dec 10, 2012
    Netherlands
  15. Grisu_HDH

Grisu_HDH TalkEmount Veteran

Dec 16, 2012
    Southern Germany
    Markus
    Well learned he lesson and you didn't buy too much for the 1:2 because you saw it in real life, other than on ebay.
    Useful link for Minolta lenses: The Rokkor Files

Try if you like the manual focus and than you could go for a 1:1.4 or even 1:1.2 if you can/want to afford it...