• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Showcase Minolta 35-70mm f/4 AF

Ad Dieleman

Amateur
To test my LA-EA3 adapter I bought a Minolta AF 35-70mm lens together with a Minolta AF 80-200mm 1:4.5-5.6 for the hefty sum of 10 euros. The short zoom didn't look too bad and so I took it with me when we headed out today for a walk in a hilly region in the south of The Netherlands. It saved me the hassle of opening/closing the aperture in the field and in the PP workflow I don't have to add the lens data to the EXIF.

It's quite sharp across the frame once you stop it down to f/8 or f/11, wide-open it's OK-ish at or below 50mm and not great at 70mm. Its contrast is not very high, definitely a notch below that of the FE 70-200mm that I brought as well. Felt right at home with the color balance, typically Minolta. I half expected to be able to use the FE 24-70mm instead but I didn't buy one yesterday, just saw too many things I didn't like and so this humble 35-70mm had to fill in the vacancy.

i-DJj2PPq-X3.jpg
"ILCE-7"    "35-70mm F4"          1/200s   

i-DCf3fns-X3.jpg

i-D8V2TBh-X3.jpg

i-37JgqwL-X3.jpg

i-m7kxWZ2-X3.jpg

Amamba

TalkEmount All-Pro

SpaceManSpiff

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Eric
These are looking good, gentlemen! I picked this lens up recently (on a Minolta 9000 and with its beer can big brother) and am anxious to try it out once I get an adapter for it.

SteveNunez

TalkEmount Regular
These are also with the 35-70 f4......
DSC02401.jpg
   ---            
DSC02400.jpg
   ---            
DSC02408.jpg
   ---            
DSC02402.jpg
   ---            

WoodWorks

Super Moderator
Real Name
David
I bet that your daughter is very pleased with all of the portraits you've shown us, Steve. I also bet that when you're not taking her picture, you're busy fending off her suitors with a stick, right? :laugh:

• Funny
Reactions: WNG

SteveNunez

TalkEmount Regular
You guys would be surprised....I almost have to beg her to take pictures as she's tired of "posing" every time dad gets a new lens.....she doesn't hate it but if it were up to her she'd rather not. I have to make "deals" with her just to get her to pose......usually our deals are "I'll take you to the mall" or "I have to massage her back" ........funny but true!
As for beating off suitors- she's very Christ-oriented and isn't boy crazy so no drama in that dept.

Amamba

TalkEmount All-Pro
I bet that your daughter is very pleased with all of the portraits you've shown us, Steve. I also bet that when you're not taking her picture, you're busy fending off her suitors with a stick, right? :laugh:

I bet it's been a while since you had teenage daughters...

WNG

TalkEmount Legend
Real Name
Will
That's why I prefer cats as my models. Catnip is cheap! :D

Portraits are excellent.
Well, back to the mini-beer can (tuna can?). Renders very well and matches the bigger sibling.
Perhaps let her try to compose a few portraits of dad or still lifes, and get her interested in photography.

Latest threads

Top Bottom