1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

COMPLETED Minolta 58/1.4 + Extension Tube Set + NEX Adapter | Location: USA | Ships: USA

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by heymatthew, Jan 20, 2015.

1. heymatthew

heymatthew TalkEmount Regular

0   0   0

Jul 1, 2013
    Sumter, South Carolina
    Matthew
    Buy & Sell Listing - Want to Sell
    Selling
    Minolta 58/1.4 + Extension Tube Set + NEX Adapter

Prices
    $70

Ships to
    USA

Description
    Hello all,
    I had picked up these components to use as a macro setup, but got a really great deal on a dedicated macro lens in FD mount (which I prefer) so I'm parting with the last of my Minolta MD stuff. For sale is a Minolta 58mm f/1.4 lens. Overall, this is in good condition for its age. Focus is smooth and aperture is snappy. There are marks on the knurling and what not, but the glass looks good and there is no fungus or haze. I have an original front cap and rear cap. Also included in the sale is a set of Minolta MD Extension Tubes in the original box. There are three of them and they include caps and paperwork. Finally, a generic (Fotoasy, I think) MD - NEX adapter. It works well and lock-up is tight.

Now for the bad... When attaching the 58 to the adapter, it's tighter than I don't know what. I can't figure it out. All other MD lenses and the extension tubes attached perfectly. The lens attaches perfectly to the extension tubes and it also attaches perfectly to a Minolta X700. For some reason, though, the lens is REALLY tight on the adapter. Looking at the lens mount, it looks like there's a blemish to the mount, but it works flawlessly everywhere else so I don't know what the deal is. Just to be safe, I always mount/unmount the lens without the adapter connected to the camera. Someone smarter than me might be able to fix this. I dunno. I mostly just left it mounted to the adapter and used another adapter for my other lenses so it never bothered me.

Anyway, that's the bad part. All else is good.

I'm asking $70 shipped anywhere in the US for the lens, adapter and extension tubes. I'll accept reasonable offers as well.

Also, in trade, I'd consider a good condition FDn 135/2.8 or 3.5.

Please PM or email with questions or offers.

Thanks,
    Matthew

Payment accepted
    • Regular PayPal (fee included in price)
    Shipping method
    USPS Priority Insured

Shipping charge

Handling time
    1 Day

References
    FredMiranda: matthewm, Ebay: heymatthew

Additional comments
    • Open to trade offers
    • Open to reasonable offers below asking price
    Acknowledgement
    • I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

2. heymatthew

0   0   0

Jul 1, 2013
    Sumter, South Carolina
    Matthew
    Photos of the gear:

3. unlo

unlo Sony ******

0   0   0

Jan 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Matt
    Beefy lookin tubes...

4. heymatthew

0   0   0

Jul 1, 2013
    Sumter, South Carolina
    Matthew
    Haha! Yeah. They're actually pretty heavy duty. If I didn't have a different lens that went down to 1:1 on its own, I'd hang on to these guys. But as it is, I'd prefer to not mess with tubes if I can help it. You wan't em? I know you do... :D

5. unlo

unlo Sony ******

0   0   0

Jan 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Matt
    lol i've got enough tubes of my own. both manual and electronic. honestly while using tubes is fun to learn some macro with. i'm more interested in getting a full on dedicated macro lens. while i plan to get a FF camera soon. post CP+ i don't know if i'll be buying any of the new FE lenses for some time. probably just shop the used market for some time. If i change my mind i'll hit you up tho!

6. heymatthew

0   0   0

Jul 1, 2013
    Sumter, South Carolina
    Matthew
    Open to offers or trades for Canon FD glass.