• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Migrating from LR to C1P

kevistopheles

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Does anyone know of a decent way to migrate presets that you have built up in Lightroom to Capture One Pro? I have a friend with quite a few LR presets and he’s planning to make that jump.

Perhaps a conversion utility?

michealj

TalkEmount Veteran
Hi Kevin, I have to agree with Will, I don't think it is possible to import LR presets into C1. They are not set up the same, similar but different. I also haven't found any 3rd party utilities for C1. I think the presets will have to be recreated. It is quite a change to C1 but it handles my Sony raw files much nicer at import, esp. noise and sharpness.

kevistopheles

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Hi Kevin, I have to agree with Will, I don't think it is possible to import LR presets into C1. They are not set up the same, similar but different. I also haven't found any 3rd party utilities for C1. I think the presets will have to be recreated. It is quite a change to C1 but it handles my Sony raw files much nicer at import, esp. noise and sharpness.

I've been telling my friend for a while that he should make the jump but his workflow is heavily invested in his LR presets. Today has tang lone LR got overwritten by the CC "classic" version during a routine update and he spent many hours on Adobe tech support learning that they really don't care about anyone using the stand alone version. Let's just say that it may have finally pushed him to switch.

As far as I am concerned, C1P is a significant upgrade.

michealj

TalkEmount Veteran
It is very configurable, and now you can round trip to Photoshop or OnOne, etc when needed. Their tutorials on YouTube and Blog have a lot of good information.

Reactions: WNG

bdbits

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
I second the YouTube videos. They have gotten pretty good recently. I've also looked at some of the material at Blog • Image Alchemist.

I migrated a couple years ago from LR. Although it reads LR catalogs and sidecars, it is inevitable you will "lose" some things. This would apply to any similar migration regardless of which editors you are moving to/from. How much this matters will vary, but I did not find it too big a deal, and not enough to keep me on LR.

Latest threads

Top Bottom