Showcase Micro-Nikkor 105mm 1:2.8 AI-s

Discussion in 'Adapted Lens Sample Image Showcase' started by Jefenator, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Jefenator

Jefenator TalkEmount Top Veteran

Nov 23, 2012
    Oregon, USA
    Jeff
    This is my background eraser! :D I like cataloging my glass art outdoors in the sun whenever possible. With this lens, it doesn't much matter what is behind my subject - the 105mm will turn it to silk. All the while the subject is rendered as faithfully (and sharply) as I could possibly want.

micro105demo-2. micro105demo.

Also great of course for retailing smaller items - I don't have to get awkwardly close.

2. quezra

quezra TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Great pieces! The only thing is if this forum gets yet another interesting photographer shooting a style I haven't yet tried, my wallet is going to kill me!

But seriously, mid-tele is something I'm very curious to try but just haven't found the time. Keep them coming!

3. Jefenator

Nov 23, 2012
    Oregon, USA
    Jeff
    You're very kind. My real photo passion nowadays is for landscapes. But when my online store is basically my third job, I can at least apply my photo-enthusiasm toward some snazzier listing shots.:)

There are cheaper alternatives to this lens - seems like lots of folks put stuff out in the 100mm neighborhood.

4. Jefenator

Nov 23, 2012
    Oregon, USA
    Jeff
    Some stopped-down samples

Hand-held outdoors at f/5.6 is all very fine and well, but in a controlled setting on a tripod, stopped way down to f/22 or f/32 this lens is a whole different animal. (Don't get confused - pictured are some new lenses I just got, shot with the Micro-Nikkor 105.) I really like the crispy detail and faithful, undistorted renderings.

Attached Files:

5. dejavu2339

dejavu2339 TalkEmount Regular

Mar 25, 2013
    Which adapter do you use?

6. Jefenator

Nov 23, 2012
    Oregon, USA
    Jeff
    I have the old version of the Fotodiox "Pro" but there's plenty of other Nikon F to NEX adapters out there.

7. Hypocaffeinic

Hypocaffeinic TalkEmount Regular

Jun 16, 2013
    Qld, Australia
    Wanted this lens for my Nikon and now still want it for my NEX!