1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Michael from Sweden wishes to say hello :D

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by cybertron, Dec 29, 2012.

1. cybertron

cybertron TalkEmount Regular

Dec 29, 2012
    Michael Widegren
    Hi!
    my name is Michael, and I live in Sweden, on a little island.

I have been using a Pentax KX for the last couple of years and it was my first DSLR. I was very happy with it, it always took great pictures with clarity and nice noise free images. But it was old, it was time to change, and this time I wanted something that was similar in quality but smaller and preferably without a mirror.

Pentax has it's K01, it was very tempting, as was the K-30 (although not mirrorless) but I felt that the K01 didn't gave me anything, it is considered slow and bulky and after trying it I didn't feel "YES i found my calling".
    so, after much consideration I decided to look elsewhere. I had heard of the Nex series, and I did have a Sony HX5v that I was quite happy with (for a compact).

So oppurtiny and luck played a big role in my descicion since one of my internetstores here in sweden was having a sale, and sony had a drive called "cashback" which gave me a Sony NEX-F3 with the kit-lens for only 250$. So i bought it and later sold my KX. I am quite happy with the NEX as it produces nice pictures in whatever environment I use it in. I do wish it would focus a little quicker sometimes, but I know that it is CDAF vs PDAF that is the issue here so I just have to learn to live with it for the moment.

I have since ordered the 55-210 lens and the Sigma 30/f2.8 (haven't recieved them yet though)

However, I wish to share my pictures and get comments on how to make them better! and I will try to comment on others pictures as best as I can.

2. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Welcome cybertron, we look forward to the pictures that you have to share. :)

3. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Welcome ;)

4. Michael Johansson

Michael Johansson TalkEmount Regular

Dec 15, 2012
    Ystad, Sweden
    Michael Johansson
    Välkommen till detta forum för NEXianer [Welcome to this forum for NEXians]! This is greetings from another swede that just joined.

Which little island do you actually live on?

5. garethwi

garethwi TalkEmount Regular

Sep 2, 2011
    Netherlands
    Gareth
    Welcome

6. cybertron

cybertron TalkEmount Regular

Dec 29, 2012
    Michael Widegren
    Hi (hej)
    I live on the biggest island in Sweden, Gotland. I see that you live in Ystad, i like Ystad been there a couple of times, nice city :D

7. Frank Teurlings

Frank Teurlings TalkEmount Regular

Dec 10, 2012
    Netherlands
  8. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Welcome Michael! :)

9. Yohan

Yohan TalkEmount Veteran

May 21, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    Yohan
    The land of one of my heroes, Markus Naslund.

Welcome!

10. dixeyk

dixeyk TalkEmount All-Pro

Jun 18, 2012
    Bellingham . WA
    Kevin
    Welcome Michael...we'll send instructions for the secret handshake shortly...;)

11. freddytto

freddytto TalkEmount All-Pro

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    Welcome Michael ;)