• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Meike Battery Grip For A6400

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount All-Pro
The Meike MK-A6300 Pro, Battery grip for the A6300, will also fit and function perfectly on the A6400. It is not particularly expensive at $59.90 at Amazon.com https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HT93UFQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I suspect that the less expensive battery grips sold on eBay are actually the same grip that had been re-branded...
There are things which I really like about this grip and some things that I do not like:
LIKE:
1. It gives me a better hand grip on the very small A6400 camera - especially when using a large lens like the 70-200mm f/4 G OSS...
2. The grip itself and the extra battery that it uses is relatively lightweight; far lighter than a Canon Battery Grip for my crop format 7D Mark-ii...
3. The vertical shutter button is handy when shooting portraits...
4. It extends the battery life by somewhere near two times (I have not tested this) and will switch from the exhausted battery to the fresh battery seamlessly...
5. It fits the A6400 very well...
DISLIKE (I can work around these parameters)
1. I have to remove the battery grip to change memory cards...
2. In order for the vertical shutter button to function, an exterior corded connection between the camera and the grip is needed. It is very possible to jar this connection loose. However, if you are shooting video and don't need the vertical shutter button, the exterior connection is not needed...
3. The battery life left is only shown for the battery that is operating the camera. Total battery life for the two batteries is not shown...
4. I need to turn off the Battery Grip after using it or it will drain the batteries.
WOULD I BUY THIS GRIP AGAIN
Yes I would. This is the only game in town and if I want a grip, it has to be this one... I especially like it for shooting portraits in vertical composition...

Ziggy99

TalkEmount Top Veteran
I use a Meike on the A9 and it does the job.
Sometimes a button gets accidentally triggered and the button size and feel could be better but those can be lived with.

Latest threads

Top Bottom