1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Maternity Shoot using NEX-6

Discussion in 'Portrait' started by jvjc888, Feb 18, 2013.

1. jvjc888

jvjc888 TalkEmount Rookie

Feb 18, 2013
    I recently got the NEX-6 and tested it with the sigma 19mm 2.8 on a maternity shoot for a friend. here are some samples. C& C is appreciated

p1438495378-5.

p1438497824-5.

p1438501460-5.

Attached Files:

2. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Using the ultrasound pic is really creative. Well done. :)

3. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    Been there done that. They're technically flawless, I'm just wondering when we're gonna figure out something original for those sessions. NOT a critic, you're pictures are great, I was just thinking I probably would have done the same if in your shoes, and that's the only issue. Well done.

4. Frank Teurlings

Frank Teurlings TalkEmount Regular

Dec 10, 2012
    Netherlands
    Very nice, not only the merit of the lens but the knowledge and skill of the photographer.

5. jvjc888

Feb 18, 2013
    Thanks everyone. @nianys, the ultrasound pics on the belly is always a must. Always becomes a favorite of the parents-to-be so I have to do it. here are other belly shots that I did

p1439546992-4.

p1439546970-4.

p1439546956-4.

JASON

Attached Files:

6. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    I was in no way criticizing, your pictures are great. As I said before I was rather putting myself in question if I had to do another maternity shot today. How would I go about it ? I'm sure your clients are thrilled and will cherish the pics for a lifetime. I'm just saying that personally, I've grown tired of seeing the same scheme applied all over again *because that's what the clients want*. I know if I were pregnant again I'd want something totally different for myself. I have a close friend in Texas who is a *fantastic* family photographer, but I get frustrating seeing her stuff year after year that is all the SAME great stuff, because I assume that's what the people ask for. She does those super thin DOF naked-infant-in-knit-cap-on-a-blanket and while technically perfect, I just have to smile at them because one day this whole generation will have the exact same pictures of themselves as newborns, exactly like my parents had identical naked-on-a-sheep-skin-infant shot ;)

7. jarvan

jarvan TalkEmount Regular

Jan 27, 2013
    Czech
    Jaroslav
    Hi Jason, nice work! Very creative images : Thumbup:

8. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Very creative, without getting too weird.

9. WT21

WT21 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    Love the pics, and I think they're well done and creative. I would have been delighted to have pics like this. Alas, it never occurred to us to do maternity pics, so we have none :(

I think your friends will love them for a life time. I also really like the choice of background and lighting.

10. jvjc888

Feb 18, 2013
    No offense taken. I love criticism and I you have any please do so. It only makes me learn new things and be better. That's how I learn. I understand where you are coming from and as much a possible I try to be creative and do it differently.