Manual focus

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by alaios, Feb 2, 2014.

1. alaios

alaios TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 11, 2013
    Hi all
    I guess that when I turn the focus ring and the first red/yellow/white dots appear on my screen then I should be to the H/2
    and not in the "Focus here" place. IF that stands hold when I see the first dots I should turn a bit more my focus ring

2. Bugleone

Bugleone TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 21, 2011
    ........???????....This is meaningless to me, and the nikon link does not work due to 'error'...

You are overthinking this about manual focus. Fit a manual lens (perhaps your 135mm) to your NEX and, to make things easier, use your tripod.......

.....Now, choose a 'target' such as buildings across the road or a picture on your living room wall............'aim' at the target and just turn the focus ring back and forth while looking at the screen....notice how things come in and out of focus......

.....That's all there is to it really......just stop turning when you get the target sharp. This is easiest when you use a large aperture such as f2.8....large aperture shallow focus / small aperture deeper focus.

You can use the manual focus aid of NEX at 7x & 14x to make the focus easier to see on the screen.