Manfrotto pocket tripod

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by ItsaChris, Oct 27, 2011.

1. ItsaChris

ItsaChris New to TalkEmount

Sep 2, 2011
    Small review.

I got the tripod MP1-C01 about 2 months ago.

Very nice build. the hinges feel strong and look to have a very long life. The feet are built out of durable rubber that gives a non-slip sturdy feel wile setup. the base is also full metal and holds onto the nex-5 very well even with its poorly shaped bottom.

the screw can be taken out quickly whit supplied tool or with a dime/nickel. The rubber that holds the camera too the tripod is loser than i would like so unscrewing the tripod before removing is necessary every time.

The tripod can hold the 16mm with out any problems. My all metal nikon 45mm p and 24mm 2.8 are able to be held but only when the screen is flipped out other wise the camera falls forward. I can not speak to sonys 18-55mm or any other lens bc I dont own any.

Holding the camera wile the tripod is attached is no problems and feels just as nice.

Over all-
    For my needs the tripod is perfect. It works with my 3 most used lens (16, 24, 45) it does not relay work with my nikkor 200mm f4 but I have used a 2nd object to hold up the front of the lens in the past and it seems to do a fine job. This accessory almost never come off the camera and will be interested to see if it holds up a sony 50mm or any other primes that come out for the nex system.
  2. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    That just makes no sense to me. Do you have an image of one with camera installed?
  3. hodad66

hodad66 Sony Guru

Feb 8, 2012
    Indialantic, Fl
    here's a video......

4. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    It still makes very little sense to me. A very small bag filled with beans or rice, or even a hankerchief comes to mind as a viable alternative.