• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Mail outage at OS X and iOS - any ideas?

Poki

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
So, now I sit here, waiting for a mail, and guess what? It won't come. Because none of my mail apps are able to connect to the mail servers!

I tried on my iPhone (iOS 6.0.1), on my iPad (iOS 5.something), on my MacBook Pro and on my Mac Mini (OS X 10.8.2). And no single one of these machines is able to connect to mail servers that use POP, IMAP or SMTP (it shows it connected properly with SMTP servers, but it can't download mails). The only thing that still works is - who would have guessed it - Microsoft Exchange. :O

Any ideas what goes wrong today? I didn't change a single setting and until today everything worked perfectly. :(

Poki

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Okay, I got it - my router was to blame. Sometimes the obvious answer is the best answer. ;)

Sorry for the 'ghost thread' now, but I think I can't delete it myself.

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
We were happy to help. ;)

Glad you got it worked out. For me it's usually the internet provider, not my router. Annoying either way.

Poki

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Blaming the Internet provider is far more fun than blaming the router.

I stopped blaming my internet provider months ago, since he isn't even able to provide a stable 8 mbit/s connection. :s

Whatever, when it works, it works - and that's enough to be happy. :)

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
Blaming the Internet provider is far more fun than blaming the router.

Not really. It's much easier to throw the router out the window than it si to throw the internet provider out the window.

I mean, you have to get in the car, drive over there, single out a sacrificial lamb and… just too much hassle. :p

Latest threads

Top Bottom