• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Magpies attack Little Eagle

Ziggy99

TalkEmount Veteran
The Little Eagle will hunt birds under a kilo so here Magpie parents repeatedly strafed one that had wandered into my valley.

It retired to perch a couple of times but they didn't leave it alone. I lost track of it then.

It has a wingspan up to 1.3 m.

ILCE-9       800mm    f/5.6    1/4000s    ISO 800

ILCE-9       800mm    f/6.7    1/4000s    ISO 2000

ILCE-9       800mm    f/5.6    1/4000s    ISO 1000

Ziggy99

TalkEmount Veteran
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nature red in tooth and claw.

Strictly speaking ours aren't the same as English magpies. They're members of the butcherbirds, and one of our finest songbirds - click the Listen button at the top right here.

bdbits

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
Our magpies look somewhat different (I am in the US). Longer tail feathers I think, and I've not seen them spread out so wide. That might just be due to not having seen them all that often around here.

Thad E Ginathom

TalkEmount Veteran
Great pictures of high drama in the sky.

Serious business. I've seen crows here hound a small bird of prey until it dropped from the sky and died. I've also seen them chase a monkey away.

Heck, on the occasion of a small misunderstanding, they even tried to chase me away!

Top Bottom