1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Macro Scorpion A6000 and 50mm Minolta

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by davect01, Jul 11, 2015.

1. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    • Like Like x 2
  2. slothead

slothead TalkEmount Top Veteran

Mar 1, 2015
    Maryland
    Tom
    Very cool Dave! Nasty looking little guy. I remember the transparent scorpions that played in the desert surroundings in the southwest shores of Puerto Rico years ago when I lived there. You are obviously in the southwest of the USA. Beware those varmints (and the black widows too)!

3. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave

Ya we have to be careful of the creepy crawlies in the desert.

4. Nexnut

Nexnut TalkEmount Top Veteran

I remember black widows and some stories from my time in California. The most unnerving species we have over here are Portuguese man o' wars in the ocean (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portuguese_man_o'_war) and cockroaches, but I haven't seen one in years.

5. slothead

slothead TalkEmount Top Veteran

Mar 1, 2015
    Maryland
    Tom
    Ken, you aren't alone with the Man-o-wars. The latest news says they are invading the US beaches too. Now if only we could get the sharks to fill up on man-o-wars... :)

6. Nexnut

Nexnut TalkEmount Top Veteran

I've read about a recent wave of shark attacks at the North Carolina coast. From what I know there's been one single, minor attack over here (Canary islands, Spain) in 5 years or so, even though there's no shortage of marine life (many species of sharks, dolphins, whales, turtles, ...). I've done a lot of scuba diving myself, some of that right among groups of different species of sharks but they've never been particularily interested not to mention aggressive in any way.

7. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Ya, every place has its creatures to be wary of.