Macro on a budget - experiments with the 85mm F1.8 and A7rii

adammaniam

TalkEmount Rookie
Macro on a budget - Sony A7rii with the 85mm F1.8 and Raynox 250 adaptor. ISO6400 shot, cropped and edited in post.

I mainly use M43 for my macro work but I'm trying to explore a setup where I am out with my Sony gear (which I mainly use for people shots) and a macro opportunity presents itself.

Will update the thread as I take more photos. Maybe even try it out with a flash.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

adammaniam

TalkEmount Rookie
Realised my Nissin i40 that I have for my M43 system works with my A7rii in manual mode. So tried a few shots. Cropped, but I'm happy with the results. More to come.

DSC00269-2.jpg
DSC00328-2.jpg

Last edited:

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Very nice. I have a set of close-up lenses, which I once received as a bonus from Adorama, which will fit my Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 lens (which has a pretty darn good close focusing capability without an additions). I have never tried these lenses but, I will see how they work. IMO, it would be easier to slip a closeup filter on the front of my lens when outdoors than it would be taking off the lens and adding an extension tube.

Thad E Ginathom

TalkEmount Regular
That's amazing. I'm so impressed by good macro work... and so lazy about actually going out, finding the subjects and doing it! :blush:
I wonder how this lens works with tubes. Because I have it. And them.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom