Mac OS 10.13.4 High Sierra

firemist

TalkEmount Veteran
OK so there is a new software update, 10.13.4, which I installed this morning. When I tried to use a Droplet I made to export files from LR (I'm using Classic CC) to PS (CC 2018), I get a warning dialog saying that the "Droplet" is 32-bit and not 64-bit. It still works, but Apple says to tell App. developers get their act together. Apparently, this latest update of High Sierra is the final one that will permit 32-bit applications to run.

Not sure which part of my "Droplet" action is still 32-bit but it might be the old Nik Collection. No chance of that ever being updated to 64-bit.

Just thought I'd mention this to see if anyone else has seen this from Apple.

firemist

TalkEmount Veteran
To check which of your Applications are 64-Bit or not click on the "apple" logo > About this Mac > Systems Report > Software > Applications.
Then wait ( a while) for all your Applications to list, and scroll down. Over towards the right side of the screen will be a reference to "64-bit" and each listed Application will have a "Yes" or "No" ; the "No" are 32-bit.

firemist

TalkEmount Veteran
Ad,

No I just d/l and installed 13.4 - I know, a couple of months late. I just learned there was "a new update available" and what I got was 13.4. I don't see that 13.5 is available yet, when I do the "software update" search from "About my Mac". Not sure I want to install that either given the message I received about the 64 and 32 bit issue with 13.4.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom