1. Welcome to TalkEmount.com—a friendly Sony E-mount camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

M39 adapters on NEX camera - alignment issue

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by GOPPY, Sep 13, 2018.

1. GOPPY

GOPPY New to TalkEmount

Sep 13, 2018
    Recently I bought an industar 61/55mm-f28 lens based on its good reviews and how ridiculously inexpensive they were. I then bought and tried two brands of M39 adapters, one unbranded and the other a Fotga but found when mounted on the camera and tightened finger tight, the lens aperture markings end up at about 11.45 and not 12 o'clock.
    I asked a seller of a similar lens on eBay who told me that there was a screw I should loosen to bring the lens around to 12 o'clock and retighten it but I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere and while both adapters have holes there are no grub screws to loosen or tighten. Does anyone have any idea what the answer is?

2. WNG

WNG TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    As far as I know, they all have set/grub screws. My generic L39 to Sony E mount adapter does. As do all my M42 adapters.
    I'd inspect it closer under bright light and magnification. It's usually going to be a very small hex socket, not a slot or X-type.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  3. GOPPY

GOPPY New to TalkEmount

Sep 13, 2018
    Thanks WNG. Under bright light I can see there's something in there. I'll try to find some jeweller tools and get to work. I'm surprised I wasn't able to find any mention of the need to do this anywhere, so perhaps this will now show up in searches and help anyone looking. Thanks again.

4. GOPPY

GOPPY New to TalkEmount

Sep 13, 2018

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.