Lynn a rescue from Korea

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount Veteran
Or Maltese Rescue California group has joined with a Korean dog rescue group to save the lives of dogs, like little Lynn a year-old Maltese, who otherwise would have been heading for a dog meat market.

I have always been using a Canon 6D Mark-2 with 70-200mm f/4L IS lens for my dog portraits. This rig necessitates a lot of focus and recompose since the AF Point Array is crammed into the center of the frame. This can be a problem when a dog is very active or quite scared and figgity.

Although the A6400 camera doesn't "officially" have animal Eye-AF until the mid-year firmware update comes along, my A6400 with the Sony 70-200mm f/4 G OSS lens, seemed to recognize Lynn's features as a "face" and Eye-AF honed in on her eyes.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

BTW: it is an absolute ball to use animal Eye-AF just like it is enjoyable to use Eye-AF when shooting humans. I can't wait for the "official" Animal Eye-AF to come along for my A6400. It will make my job as a dog rescue volunteer photographer a lot easier.

firemist

TalkEmount Veteran
Nicely done, like Mike said, she'll find a nice loving home real soon.

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount Veteran
We expect our phones to start ringing of the hook (now that's a saying that the young folks probably don't comprehend) as soon as we post her on our rescue website. Our rescue is also getting thirteen Shih Tsu's from a breeder and I am looking forward to photographing their portraits...

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount Veteran
Lynn was only posted for one hour on our rescue website when we received a call from a pre-approved adopter. Lynn is now with her new "furever" family. That is the power of photography in dog rescue.

Paul arrived at the same time as Lynn and I am sure that he will be adopted every bit as quickly as soon as we post him on the rescue site. However, at the moment he is being treated with antibiotics for a urinary infection.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom