1. Welcome to TalkEmount.com—a friendly Sony E-mount camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Lynn a rescue from Korea

Discussion in 'Portrait' started by Richard Crowe, Apr 12, 2019 at 10:04 PM.

1. Richard Crowe

Richard Crowe TalkEmount Regular

Sep 14, 2018
    Or Maltese Rescue California group has joined with a Korean dog rescue group to save the lives of dogs, like little Lynn a year-old Maltese, who otherwise would have been heading for a dog meat market.

I have always been using a Canon 6D Mark-2 with 70-200mm f/4L IS lens for my dog portraits. This rig necessitates a lot of focus and recompose since the AF Point Array is crammed into the center of the frame. This can be a problem when a dog is very active or quite scared and figgity.

Although the A6400 camera doesn't "officially" have animal Eye-AF until the mid-year firmware update comes along, my A6400 with the Sony 70-200mm f/4 G OSS lens, seemed to recognize Lynn's features as a "face" and Eye-AF honed in on her eyes.
    LYNN - 20190412_8563.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
    LYNN - 20190412_8581.jpg
    LYNN - 20190412_8584.jpg

BTW: it is an absolute ball to use animal Eye-AF just like it is enjoyable to use Eye-AF when shooting humans. I can't wait for the "official" Animal Eye-AF to come along for my A6400. It will make my job as a dog rescue volunteer photographer a lot easier.

• Like Like x 8
  2. mstphoto

mstphoto TalkEmount Top Veteran

Feb 26, 2016
    Aberdeen, NE Scotland
    Mike Stephen
    Nicely captured!!
    She's a wee cutie - I'm sure she'll be snapped up in no time ;) 

3. firemist

firemist TalkEmount Veteran

Dec 4, 2015
    Nicely done, like Mike said, she'll find a nice loving home real soon.

4. Richard Crowe

Sep 14, 2018
    We expect our phones to start ringing of the hook (now that's a saying that the young folks probably don't comprehend) as soon as we post her on our rescue website. Our rescue is also getting thirteen Shih Tsu's from a breeder and I am looking forward to photographing their portraits...

• Like Like x 1
  5. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Adorable fluff ball

6. Richard Crowe

Sep 14, 2018
    Lynn was only posted for one hour on our rescue website when we received a call from a pre-approved adopter. Lynn is now with her new "furever" family. That is the power of photography in dog rescue.

Paul arrived at the same time as Lynn and I am sure that he will be adopted every bit as quickly as soon as we post him on the rescue site. However, at the moment he is being treated with antibiotics for a urinary infection.

PAUL_1034.jpg
    PAUL_1042.jpg
    PAUL_1049.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.