1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Lunar New Year 2013 The Snake

Discussion in 'Street and Documentary' started by Peter Chin, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Peter Chin

Peter Chin TalkEmount Regular

Jan 20, 2013
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Peter Chin is my real name.
    If i go out later i'll probably have some more...let's see yours

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Yohan

Yohan TalkEmount Veteran

May 21, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    Yohan
    Ha! you caught a great expression in the first photo! can't believe they brought a real snake in a drug store. kind of looks like Shopper's Drug Mart.

3. Peter Chin

Jan 20, 2013
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Why...yes it is in the GTA though, they had 3. What's really funny but more ironic, one of the snake carriers asked this oriental guy (chinese) if he would like a photo with the snake to which he replied, "oh what's the occassion?" he didn't know it was Lunar new Year The Snake...someone in the crowd muttered "bad Chinese" LOL

4. serhan

serhan TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 27, 2011
    NYC
    I was in Chinatown in DC, but there wasn't any activity that I can see... Other then couple Chinese restaurants and China bus companies, there is hardly anything in comparison to the Chinatowns in other cities, like NY, London, Montreal, etc. They said the parade is today...

5. Yohan

Yohan TalkEmount Veteran

May 21, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    Yohan
    haha, I would be out of there so fast if i saw a snake.

6. Peter Chin

Jan 20, 2013
    Toronto, ON Canada
    They had a red one today also...sorry i didn't ask what kind of snakes they were because i had to catch this

[​IMG]

Kids were so cute

There were also some little KungFu experts :)

[​IMG]

of course there were little spectators too that need a shoulder boost

[​IMG]

There's that 'red packet" Lion eating the packets and lettuce

[​IMG]

There was also these little girls and their dad, i don't like seeing sad children so i had a bag of chips in my camera bag (Ms Vickies Sea Salt...i know but it's all i had...lol) and got a bottle of Vitamin water (water melon...they would need it for sure...lol)...that quickly turned both frowns to smiles...the father was thankful...i think they were waiting on the mother...i'm not a dad as yet but i've been a kid :) *i think he's a "satellite-dad" so the wife would have the wallet*

[​IMG]

Did i say red, more like orange

[​IMG]

7. ChangshaNotes

ChangshaNotes Super Moderator

Aug 15, 2012
    China
    Colin
    The first snake is hard to tell because you can't see the head clearly. It's some kind of corn snake, maybe a king snake.

The second (and third) is a ball python.

Both are harmless.

新年快乐!

8. Peter Chin

Jan 20, 2013
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Ah good to know ChangshaNotes, i was shooting quickly...gorilla style in shoot(sometimes on continuous) and on to the next especially with the Lion...everyone has a camera now...lol

9. Yohan

Yohan TalkEmount Veteran

May 21, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    Yohan
    Saw some snakes and snake charmers in Morocco. This photo is cropped. My 24mm and I didn't want to get too close.

8084696916_2775c29396_c.
    DSC01673 by FA43LTD, on Flickr

People who are willingly in the company of snakes are crazy.

Attached Files:

10. Peter Chin

Jan 20, 2013
    Toronto, ON Canada
    lol nice but the knife? is he going to skin them?

11. Yohan

Yohan TalkEmount Veteran

May 21, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    Yohan
    probably needs some defence if one of those snakes decides to bite someone. haha.

12. freddytto

freddytto TalkEmount All-Pro

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    wow, great pictures I've been waiting for this year to watch the parade here in NY again but, funny thing is that the festival is more than two weeks, so soon I will be sharing some pictures.

13. Peter Chin

Jan 20, 2013
    Toronto, ON Canada
    That's about right the festivities post to lantern festival is about 2 weeks total, for Chinese i would say this is the most impotant holiday. I am Chinese but my culture isn't if that makes any sense :p

...looking forward to that, these are just at a local mall where my parents like going to ...in our main Chinatown, they had a big one but nothing like a parade...maybe it's time i visit B&H and take in the parade down there :)