• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Luminous Landscape NEX-7 First Impressions Review - Zeiss 24mm & Leica 24mm Compared

Amin Sabet

Administrator
   ---            

The Luminous Landscape has published a "First Impressions" review of the Sony NEX-7. One of the most interesting parts of the review is a comparison between the new Zeiss 24mm f/1.8 lens and the Leica 24mm Summilux ($6500) with each mounted on the 24MP NEX-7. Based on the test results, my first reaction was to suspect misfocus with the Summilux, because a lack of custom microlenses doesn't explain the awful center performance of the Leica, which only becomes sharp at f/11. On the other hand, Reichmann is an experienced reviewer, so he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Link: Sony NEX-7 First Impressions at The Luminous Landscape via 1001 Noisy Cameras

JJJPhoto

TalkEmount Regular
I pre-ordered the NEX-7 fairly soon after it was announced, but I told myself I wasn't going to pre-order that "overpriced" Zeiss 24mm lens ... but I gave into temptation and pre-ordered it last week when there was a deal on Amazon for $50 off the price of the Zeiss. The more sample images I see from the NEX-7 and Zeiss 24mm the more I'm glad I've pre-ordered both.

Travisennis

TalkEmount Veteran
I've already discussed this another thread, but, like you Amin, I'm having a hard time believing that the Summilux performs that poorly on the NEX-7.

Travisennis

TalkEmount Veteran
Mr. Reichmann has indicated he is going to rerun the test of the Summilux on the NEX-7 based on feedback that many people can't believe that particular lens would perform so badly on that body.

Latest posts

Top Bottom