• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Lucy on my doorstep .....

christilou

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Christina
2020-05-21_0004.jpg
ILCE-7RM3    FE 85mm F1.4 GM    85mm    f/1.4    1/1600s    ISO 100

blowing kisses as she leaves. They didn't stay long, just brought a present and card for Rosie's birthday. Took here a little while to warm up. She was shy with us and I feel as though we're losing that connection. It's been almost 9 weeks since she was coming round here every day, getting cuddles and all of us playing and singing to her :(. Needless to say, no kisses or hugs took place today.

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Sounds like you need to have a heart to heart talk with her, from a safe distance, to let her know that Grandma misses her and that it's not her fault you can't be together like before.
All our blown kisses are via Facetime these days, and last time we were on with Japan, our oldest granddaughter was more interested in being on her daddy's tablet than talking to us.:frown:

christilou

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Christina
Sounds like you need to have a heart to heart talk with her, from a safe distance, to let her know that Grandma misses her and that it's not her fault you can't be together like before.
All our blown kisses are via Facetime these days, and last time we were on with Japan, our oldest granddaughter was more interested in being on her daddy's tablet than talking to us.:frown:

I really don't know what to say to her. My daughter tries to get her to FaceTime us on an iPad most days but more often than not lately, she walks off totally uninterested :(. The ridiculous thing is that I can see her house from mine and both families have been isolating for almost 9 weeks ...... You can go out keeping a good 2 meter social distance from strangers but you cannot see your family in your own back garden.

christilou

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Christina
These from when she first arrived at the door ....

2020-05-21_0006.jpg
ILCE-7RM3    FE 85mm F1.4 GM    85mm    f/1.4    1/1600s    ISO 100

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
I think in the case of family I'd make an exception to the rules. Unless you're in a super high risk group ie someone undergoing chemo treatment or having recently undergone such. You have a pretty good idea of who your daughter and her husband have been in contact with I'd assume. I know that if we were invited out to Palm Springs where my son and his family are holed up, we'd be going out and allowing contact with our granddaughter out there I'm sure.
As Dr Sanjay Gupta on CNN says, the virus needs a host or it can't survive. That is why separation works and why testing and tracing are so important to stopping its spread.
As someone with a degree in Bio, I totally get this and have no problem remaining separate/isolated here at home. We don't mingle with friends since we don't know who they've mingled with. Family is another matter and I'd expect my son/daughter-in-law and the family they have with them out there in the desert to be cognizant of our need to isolate as best we can since we're older folks. I'm sure they've been isolating as best they can too, as they have jobs that require them to keep working even from home.

Antonio Correia

TalkEmount All-Pro
Chistina, you images are gorgeous and so is your grand daughter ! :)
Curiously the behaviour of my grand sun (in US since 10 month old and now almost 8 years) and even if he has been in Portugal twice and we have been in CA twice, doesn't pay any attention to us when on line.
Says, goodbye and that's it ! Never mind. We all love them ! :)
-
Another matter: I am very well impressed by your Zeiss lens and of course, by this 85 GM. My wife has the Sony 85 non GM and it looks also pretty good.
Aren't your shots a tad overexposed ?

Cheers ! :)

christilou

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Christina
Chistina, you images are gorgeous and so is your grand daughter ! :)
Curiously the behaviour of my grand sun (in US since 10 month old and now almost 8 years) and even if he has been in Portugal twice and we have been in CA twice, doesn't pay any attention to us when on line.
Says, goodbye and that's it ! Never mind. We all love them ! :)
-
Another matter: I am very well impressed by your Zeiss lens and of course, by this 85 GM. My wife has the Sony 85 non GM and it looks also pretty good.
Aren't your shots a tad overexposed ?

Cheers ! :)

I like to push them upwards in order to get decent skin tones ..... matter of taste I guess :)

christilou

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Christina
One from the other day .....

DSC01731.jpg
ILCE-9    FE 85mm F1.4 GM    85mm    f/2.0    1/500s    ISO 160

Latest threads

Top Bottom