1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Lucerne, CH Transportation Museum: Planes, Trains and Automobiles!

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by LuvMusic, Jul 3, 2013.

1. LuvMusic

LuvMusic TalkEmount Regular

Dec 11, 2012
    Chicago area
  2. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Neat to see transport devices we wouldn't normally see. I wonder how many accidents that wall of road signs has caused? :rofl:

3. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    I'm aging myself here, but I lived just northeast of Luzern (in Unterägeri) from '63 to '69, and (as a boy!) visited the transportation museum several times. It's great to see that it's still there. What a hoot to see it again! Thanks, LuvMusic!

4. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    Nice series, thanks!

5. LuvMusic

Dec 11, 2012
    Chicago area
    Yeah, that wall is a "trip." :p

Thanks all for the feedback, I appreciate it. FYI, I don't know if you noticed but the station-wagon is a Bentley! Too bad they don't make those anymore, way cool. Also, the pics of the Bentley and Bentley hood ornament were taken while the vehicle was on a revolving platform, available light with the kit lens.....not too shabby.

Packing now to go back to Zurich (business). Family is meeting me there after I'm done with the biz. Spend a couple of days in Zurich, then Paris and London. Very excited and I'm sure I'll have some images to share when I get back.

Cheers!

6. angstmann

angstmann New to TalkEmount

Wow, I went to this museum as a child too, probably over 30 years ago now! Alas I haven't been back to Switzerland at all in the last 20+ years, something I must rectify soon! Some nice photos there, thanks for posting them!

7. millonario

millonario TalkEmount Regular

Jul 15, 2013
    Im going there in september so thank you for adding an attraction to my to-do list. :D

8. LuvMusic

Dec 11, 2012
    Chicago area
    Just got back from 10 days holiday with the family in Switzerland, France and the UK. Went back to Lucerne (one of my wife's favorite places). Make sure you check out the lion monument too....beautiful! Enjoy your trip. Pics from the trip to follow in the next couple of days.....just got home a couple of hours ago, waiting for jet lag to set in! :biggrin: