Loxia 21 first shots

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by pbizarro, Sep 12, 2016.

1. pbizarro

pbizarro TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 24, 2014
    A lot of good things has been said about this little lens, so I had to test it. My initial impressions are short: this is a very good lens, now I just need to save some money:)

To be able to have the quality I had in the past with the Canon EOS 6D and 21 Distagon, now in a much smaller and lighter package, is a testament to technological progress.

The photos are from last Saturday, I took an early stroll on my near home beach of Carcavelos.

P.S. Last one is from the Zony 55.

carcavelos_10_9_16_1_net. carcavelos_10_9_16_2_net. carcavelos_10_9_16_3_net. carcavelos_10_9_16_5_net. carcavelos_10_9_16_7_net. carcavelos_10_9_16_10_net. carcavelos_10_9_16_12_bw_net.
    • Like Like x 8
  2. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    It definitely produces some nice sunstars.
    Nice images but #5 is my favorite: absolutely love your timing on the flowing water, the texture of the sand and the foreground composition of the seaweed covered rocks which draw's the viewer's attention!!! Well done ;)
  3. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
  4. WestOkid

WestOkid TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    Definitely wish I had the money to pick one of these up. Looks really good and Sunstar rendering is incredible. Best I have seen. Voightlander has good ones, but these look particularly refined.

BTW - I can't help but notice the green/blue sensor reflection orbs around lights in #3. No doubt from the A7. I guess not even Zeiss can overcome them. :(
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    I have only had mine for a month, but have no regrets about shelling out the big bucks on this lens, as you can be sure that it is going to be amortized over many years.

But capturing decent images that wide can be really hard. Most of what I shoot with it goes in the trash. :rolleyes-20:

#2 & #5 are my faves.