1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Lowepro Nova Sport 35L AW Bag was $80 sale $24 Adorama

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Kirkp, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Kirkp

Kirkp TalkEmount Regular

Nov 2, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  2. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    And if its too big for a camera bag, at that price it would almost be worth getting it to use for a variety of other possibilities...not crazy about the color Pepper Red though, LOL

3. Kirkp

Kirkp TalkEmount Regular

Nov 2, 2014
    I'll probably use this mostly for storing gear since it's so large. It's well worth it just for that. I've been looking for a well made inexpensive storage solution and this is the best value I've found.

4. bobmadison

bobmadison TalkEmount Rookie

Nov 8, 2014
    Lovely Brown SoCal
    Bob
    Oh gee thanks.:th_salute: Just what I needed too get. Another camera bag! But really thanks for posting the ad. Just ordered it I need a storage transport bag when air traveling. I carry an iPad, chargers, water bottle, and all that junk in my pockets. Not going to carry it around town put a smaller bag in my suitcase to use. though. Can't beat the price.
    Thanks

5. Mapleleaf14

Mapleleaf14 TalkEmount Rookie

Feb 16, 2015
    Cincinnati
    Cool. I needed another camera bag like another hole in my head, but for that nice of a bag for the money I ordered one...I had 6.99 in "adorama credit" so for 16.96 net I couldn't resist.

6. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    OK, I'd decided against bothering with it but you guys convinced me...just ordered one as well.
    Heck, at that price I could use to carry sandwiches & bottles of water in the car on an outing.

7. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Bag just arrived...wow, terrific product to include delivery to my front porch for only $24. There has to be a reason they were being cleared out and the only conclusion I can come up with is the color was simply not selling..."pepper red" is the only color available at this price. I'll definitely find a good use for it...too good of a bag not to. Thanks again for the OP about this...

8. MAubrey

MAubrey TalkEmount Top Veteran

Ordered. I've got a handmade bag (Porteen Gear) that perfect for one body and a couple primes, but I've been looking to get something larger for a while now.

9. Kirkp

Kirkp TalkEmount Regular

Nov 2, 2014
    The fasteners on the front are a little awkward to close, but that's a very minor gripe. The color makes it easier to keep an eye on in a crowd. I got 2 for a his'n hers..

10. Alastair

Alastair New to TalkEmount

Jul 4, 2015
    Nicholas goulden
    And now it's $99

11. unlo

unlo Sony ******

Jan 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Matt
    Color isn't for me but def stands out

12. Senya

Senya TalkEmount Veteran

Jun 2, 2015
    Minsk, Belarus
    Yep, color makes you like a road worker :biggrin:
    road-worker-detour.

13. MAubrey

Since it's so modular, I'm considering getting some polyester dye and making the outer shell black or grey.

14. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Great idea...I noticed that everything lifts right up out of the soft exterior cover bag...just need a clean pail, etc.
    PS:
    They say copying someone elses good idea is a high form of flattery.
    Consider yourself flattered
    :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Well, I just looked at mine more closely, and believed the bag/cover to be Nylon, so it would probably be good to check in case there are different dyes for Polyester vs. Nylon. Also, my Bride of 48 years opined as to how I may not be pleased with the result of trying to dye Nylon unless I wasn't particular about the actual shade of color that resulted..

Another reality occurred to me which is that I never leave an obvious camera bag in plain sight anyway...depending on the size, I always have them out of direct sight inside an old dilapidated looking racquetball gym bag, or faded looking GI drawstring laundry bag...and given its size, its not a bag I'd be carrying around anywhere anyway so those additional "covers" inside a vehicle are not an issue.

With the "Pepper Red" color really not being the major issue (for me) I had originally reacted to...at this point I don't plan on trying to dye the bag/cover after all.

But you still get kudos for the idea though :)

16. MAubrey

Polyester and Nylon dyes are the same. In the case of black, they usually end up more grey. But yeah, I haven't made a final decision myself--it's quite a mess to do. I have a trip to the UK for a conference this week, so regardless of what I do, I'll be taking the "Pepper Red" along--at the very least as a bag simply for transportation. We'll see how it goes.

17. Kirkp

Kirkp TalkEmount Regular

Nov 2, 2014
    I'd much rather have pepper red than another plain dark bag. I've considered spay painting graffiti on a couple of travel bags. That way they're easy to spot at baggage claim and less likely to be stolen. They might also bring a few smiles.

18. MAubrey

That's a good point.

19. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Not sure I understand the baggage claim reference.....this LowePro bag is no where near the kind of quality / protective / lockable bag I'd use to ship / send through baggage claim with a few thousand dollars worth of camera equipment in it...

20. MAubrey

Also a good point. I was thinking of the 'less likely to be stolen' (or in my case, less likely to be misplaced). I have a tendency to do that.