Love the mailman !, just delivered my Zeiss 85mm f/1.2 !

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by NullMind, Jan 19, 2015.

1. NullMind

NullMind TalkEmount Regular

Jan 17, 2015
    I was arriving at work when I got the email that UPS had just delivered my new (old) lens .. at home !

As you can imagine I was anxious all day to get back home so I could play with my new toy

And here is it, the Zeiss 85mm f/1,2 50 years edition, in great condition :)

16317537861_74d14ba889_b.jpg Zeiss 85mm f/1.2 "50 Year" by Carlos 'NullMind' Rego, on Flickr

There is some serious glass on this thing !

16133136489_475c51f40f_b.jpg Zeiss 85mm f/1.2 "50 Year" by Carlos 'NullMind' Rego, on Flickr

I will now do some tests against my 85L II, the lens I put for sale in order to grab this one, but here is a quick handheld shot on the A7R, nothing fancy and just handheld, but I wanted to check the bokeh .. I am not disappointed :)

16317540831_2791500887_b.jpg Test with Zeiss 85 1.2 by Carlos 'NullMind' Rego, on Flickr

And last, her is a picture of it on the A7R .. goes not look out of place at all ...

16318414622_f62a82bb58_b.jpg Zeiss 85 1.2 by Carlos 'NullMind' Rego, on Flickr

More pictures and further testing coming soon :)

• Like Like x 14
  2. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Sweet! Let's see some images from her! :popcorm2:

3. MAubrey

MAubrey TalkEmount Top Veteran

Wow! That's a beaut.

If it isn't too rude to ask...what was the price tag for that gorgeous piece of glass?

• Like Like x 1
  4. NullMind

Jan 17, 2015
    I see it going between 4500-6500 USD, depending on the condition, I was able to steal this one for ..,, £1500 ... In mint condition :)

Found it in Italy :)

• Like Like x 5
  5. MAubrey

That's a superb price--especially for mint condition!

I'm not sure I'll ever be able to spend that much on a lens, but I might have to live vicariously through your photos for a little bit at least. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. NullMind

Jan 17, 2015
    Unfortunately the C/Y to NEX adaptor i got for it is not up to par, while it has a nice tight fit, the locking of the C/Y mount is not good, the lens comes out with no need to press the release button.

I noticed it while focusing, if I hit the end of the focus range and push over just a little, the lens comes loose ..

You can see it on this video I made how it unlocks, the tension on the locking pin is not enough to keep it in place

https://vimeo.com/117262675

So I ordered a new one, but this time I got a C/Y to M mount adaptor, I intend to use my Voigtlander VM-E Close focus adaptor so it goes C/Y -> M -> NEX ... in theory should work :) .. plus I love the Voigtlander adapter

7. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    That's a scary thing, such an expensive lens on an adapter that lets it just fall off :eek_old:.

8. NullMind

Jan 17, 2015
    Indeed, I am holding to the lens when I walk around, it's a bad feeling not to be secured

The fotodiox cy to M arrives tomorrow, hoping that will be better, then I can use it with the voigtlander to mount it to the A7R ... I'll post details in the next few days

• Like Like x 1
  9. MAubrey

I had a similar problem with a Konica adapter. It worked fine for a small lens like the 50mm f/1.7, but the 200mm f/3.5 was too large & heavy. Of course, those were both $35 lenses...

10. NullMind

Jan 17, 2015
    Just a quick update

I bought a Fotodiox C to M adapter, I use it on the lens and then use the Voigtlander VM-E close focus adapter to mount it to the A7R

It's solid as a rock that way, and gives me the added benefit of being able to do close focus with the VM-E

I will post a picture of this combo later today.

• Like Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.