Lost in Desert

Discussion in 'Portrait' started by nexology, Feb 12, 2013.

1. nexology

nexology New to TalkEmount

Jan 12, 2013
    Hi, I'm a new to the E-mount system and have been lurking around this forum for a while.
    I come from the Minolta A-mount system and have migrated to the NEX-6 for a small travel kit. I still use FFs for my serious photography, although I find the NEX-6 an extremely capable camera for what I intended it to be used for. I bought into this system mainly to replace my Sony A55/18-250 as a small travel kit. That was an excellent kit but I wanted something smaller without giving up any quality. I will say the image quality is superb for a camera of this size and the possibilities with the old glass is exciting.

For the time being I'm just going to try to get comfortable with the camera and the 16-50 PZ lens that came with it. Because it's a travel kit my first acquisition will most likely be the 18-200LE. I am just having a hard time believing the cost of that lens but eventually I'll end up with it.

I shoot mostly people and landscapes with artistic female form within beautiful landscapes as my preference. I don't think those type of images are tolerated on this forum so I'll keep it family friendly.

I brought my NEX-6 along with me to a recent photo shoot I had in the desert. I wanted to play around with the in camera effects.

Lost in Desert
    NEX6, 16-50PZ, in camera jpeg, rich tone mono effect. M, 16mm, f/8, ISO 100, 1/160 sec. Polarizer effect added to the sky in PP.

Attached Files:

2. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Welcome to both the forum and the NEX. Just because no one here seems to shoot that genre doesn't necessarily make it verboten.

Amin will need to chime in on his thoughts re: artistic female forms. :)
  3. Jefenator

Jefenator TalkEmount Top Veteran

Nov 23, 2012
    Oregon, USA
    Welcome, fellow desert rat! :)
  4. quezra

quezra TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Welcome to the forum! I seem to be the only really active 18-200LE user here, and only for travel (which I do quite a lot of), but I can say it's worth it for travel. There does appear to be some sample variation - lots of people complain theirs is soft at 200mm but mine is really sharp and over the normal range was better than my kit 18-55 (long sold).
  5. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Welcome. Hope to see some fun shots from you.
  6. jarvan

jarvan TalkEmount Regular

Jan 27, 2013
    Pretty woman, the stunning landscape around, stylish shoes : O ... very good combination.