1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Loose aperture adjustment ring on Fotodiox adapter

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by msullivan, Feb 14, 2015.

1. msullivan

msullivan TalkEmount Regular

Jan 11, 2013
    Phoenix AZ
    The aperture ring on my Fotodiox adapter does not stay set. That is, it moves easily from the setting I want before I take a picture. I can manage by keeping a finger on the ring while I set focus etc but I wonder if others have found a solution for this. I also wonder if it is just my copy of the adapter. I do not remember having this problem in the past with other adapters. I can, of course, just buy another adapter but I would rather just fix it if that is possible. Thanks for your thoughts.

2. dragion

dragion TalkEmount Top Veteran

May 8, 2014
    Boston, MA
    William
    I have the same issue with mine.
    Mine will stay where it's set if I'm very careful and if nothing accidentally moves it.

I tried using a piece of tape to hold it place once, but as you know, situations change and that wasn't as productive as I hope it would.
    I pretty much gave up and just leave it wide open all of the time...plus the only lens I use it with now is the Sigma 90mm Macro f/2.8 which has an aperture ring.

I know this doesn't help your situation, but just wanted to let you know that you aren't the only one with this issue.

Here is a photo of mine...is yours the same model?

14847233906_b2b032d9d3_h.
    Fotodiox Pro NIK(G) - NEX Lens Adapter
    by dragioniii, on Flickr

3. msullivan

Jan 11, 2013
    Phoenix AZ
    Thanks. It is helpful to know that my copy is not unique - probably a feature, not a defect:confused: Mine looks the same except the ring on mine is sliver not blue.

4. dragion

dragion TalkEmount Top Veteran

May 8, 2014
    Boston, MA
    William
    I know that Fotodiox does have a model that has "clicks"...maybe look into that.
    The one I have is considered the "de-clicked" version.

I found it here...
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0K2ZG9GP0QJYB9GY2CEK

5. msullivan

Jan 11, 2013
    Phoenix AZ
    Thanks. Trouble is I need one for Pentax and they do not seem to make the clicked one for Pentax. At least I cannot find it. Anyway, good luck with yours.