1. Welcome to TalkEmount.com—a friendly Sony E-mount camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Review Looking for a new A7iii

Discussion in 'Reviews, Tests, & Shootouts' started by AlwaysOnAuto, May 12, 2019.

1. AlwaysOnAuto

AlwaysOnAuto TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Feb 17, 2015
    I had a birthday last week and am treating myself to a new A7iii.
    How would you go about sourcing one these days?
    Body only as I've got two native lenses (28 and 28-70) that will suffice for now, plus all my adapted glass, which I assume (uh oh, there's THAT word again) will work with via my A7ii adapters.
    Any help would be appreciated. The last digital camera I bought new was my Nikon D7000, so it's been a while since I was in the market.
    Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. JonathanF2

JonathanF2 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 16, 2014
    Los Angeles, USA
    B&H is selling them for about $1900 USD body only.

3. bdbits

bdbits TalkEmount All-Pro

Sep 10, 2015
    Bob
    The major authorized dealers are all going to be about the same. So you might as well stick with somebody mainstream like B&H, Adorama, etc. That said...

I have no experience with them, but quite a few people over at FM have used Greentoe. (I think they are US only.) Basically, you make an offer to pay $X on an item. Retailers can take you up on your offer, or make a counter-offer. These are authorized dealers, not grey-market, so you would have Sony warranty should there be a problem. A few people have reported issues, seems to me mostly on high-demand out-of-stock-everywhere items. As I say, no direct experience myself but I was thinking next time I buy a body I might give it a try. Make a crazy low but still reasonable offer and see if anyone takes it or what range of counter-offers come back. Greentoe.com - Name your price on Cameras, TVs, Optics, Electronics and more!

Otherwise, just get it from primary dealers. Remember to come from a talkemount link so Amin gets some referral credit.
    Support TalkEmount by using our affiliate links for your next online purchase

4. Tipton

Tipton TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jan 30, 2016
    Rae Leggett
    These days I would buy new cameras at my local camera store. I have to pay a bit extra in taxes as opposed to online, but they really know their stuff and host a lot of photography events so I want to keep them in business.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. bdbits

bdbits TalkEmount All-Pro

Sep 10, 2015
    Bob
    I would do the same Tipton, but the last camera store here went out of business last year. :frown:

• Sad Sad x 1
  6. WNG

WNG TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    Might as well check with Samy's Camera in L.A. B&H now collects sales tax from out of state orders, so might as well pick one up locally.
    Adorama is the alternative, another reputable seller.

7. AlwaysOnAuto

Feb 17, 2015
    So, I have been a little distracted of late with our floor situation.
    Do any of you think the price of an A7iii will change with all the talk of tariffs going on?

8. JonathanF2

Aug 16, 2014
    Los Angeles, USA
    Sony A7III bodies are made in Thailand, I don't see why tariffs would affect cost. Though it might affect made in China lenses like the 50mm 1.8 FE and 70-300mm G.

9. AlwaysOnAuto

Feb 17, 2015
    Moot point now.
    I just ordered via the link for this site.
    Used the gift card I got from my son to help out.
    Tuesday can't come soon enough now!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. JonathanF2

Aug 16, 2014
    Los Angeles, USA
    Enjoy it! I actually consider the A7III more like the mark I for the A7 series. It finally got everything right in regards to performance, sensor and battery. The A7/I/II were more like beta versions! :D 

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. AlwaysOnAuto

Feb 17, 2015
    Is it Tuesday yet?

(I know it is somewhere in the world, I talked to my daughter in Japan this afternoon. They are enjoying Tuesday already over there.)

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. Tipton

Tipton TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jan 30, 2016
    Rae Leggett
    See, this is where buying from a local store helps. You can rip open the box while the employees laugh, slap on a lens and go street shooting.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. AlwaysOnAuto

Feb 17, 2015
    The local stores weren't offering a spare battery and card for the same price as a camera body, so I can wait. I still have to put the house back together before I can go shoot something anyways.

• Like Like x 1
  14. AlwaysOnAuto

Feb 17, 2015
    Look at what just arrived!
    IMG_1976.JPG
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Like Like x 1
  15. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur Subscribing Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    :2thumbs: Have fun!

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.