1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Long Exposure with company (sunset at Edro III Shipwreck)

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Alex_Apo, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Alex_Apo

Alex_Apo TalkEmount Regular

Jul 18, 2015
    Cyprus
    First of all I would like to thank Nick @NickCyprus@NickCyprus because this photoshoot was his idea!!!
    We met with Nick at a photoclub here in Limassol and did not need much time to start talking. We were among the few with mirrorless camera and the only with sony! So Nick told me about talkemount forum and convinced me to register (before i was reading the forum as guest). To break the ice in first talking, Nick wanted to test my sigma 60mm lens, so he said "If you don't bring with you the lens at the next photoclub meeting, i will ban you :laugh1:". I have to say that convinced me :p So until now i mention that we share same photoclub and same city!! The surprise was when we talk one day and realize that also live in the same neighborhood!! After that , the meeting for coffee was not a matter of several days and the result of the meeting was to arrange a day for photoshooting together LE :2thumbs:The experience of that day at shipwreck was amazing!! Photographing with a friend, the value is priceless!!! I have to say that Nick is a great person , good friend and very good photographer and I am really sure in the near future we will do long exposure projects again!!

Nick photos was with his Nex 6 + SELP18105G + 10 ND stop filter
    and mine with A6000 + SEL16F28 + Some generic square ND filters ~9 stop

Alex:

20824930095_15dd70652e_b. Shipwreck sunset at Peyia by Alex Apostolopoulos, on Flickr

DSC04502.

DSC04504.

DSC04501.
    Nick:

DSC07471.

DSC07474 (added to FB).

DSC07477-2.

DSC07479-2.

And a last photo with Nick!!

11901066_10206656457684217_1806829078_o.

• Like Like x 14
    • Winner Winner x 4
  2. soeren

soeren TalkEmount Top Veteran

Dec 12, 2014
    Næstved, Denmark
    Soeren
    Ohh how I hate myself for breaking my bigstopper :( :D Are the colors caused by the filter or WB
    Great shots............ except for the last one :D just kidding

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  3. Alex_Apo

Jul 18, 2015
    Cyprus
    Mixed filter & WB and pp :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    All excellent with the first few at distance with more color being my favs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    This https://www.talkemount.com/threads/4744/ thread where Jim @Bimjo@Bimjo and David @WoodWorks@WoodWorks met up through the forum and went to shoot together was the one that came to my mind when I though I'd ask Alex to join me for this photoshoot

Alex ( @Alex_Apo@Alex_Apo ) is a great guy, a very good photographer and a wonderful friend, always selfless wiling to share and the fact that we share the same love for mirrorless is a bonus. I'm very happy we met and became good friends.

I should be the one thanking Alex for accepting my invitation for this photographic journey, and speaking of myself that's exactly what I enjoy the most: the whole "journey". The road trip to the destination and back home was a pleasure, enjoying a few beers in between :D , and the experience of shooting together with a good friend is priceless. Speaking of the scenery that's an amazing sight to see - definitely one of the most beautiful places I've photograph in Cyprus!

PS. I wasn't really going to ban him - just really wanted to try that Sigma 60mm 2.8 :D

And here another photo of the place - you guessed it right: the guy standing on the far edge is Alex alright. He just couldn't stay still for only 152 seconds....:D

20687532820_7490cd4854_b. Sea caves by Nick Corrado, on Flickr

• Like Like x 9
  6. NickCyprus

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Yeah, Alex's square ND filters give a purrle-ish tint, while my round 10-stop gives a blue-ish tint. Both are easily corrected in post but personally I decided to keep it for some of the photos on which I think it adds a little something extra to the overall "feeling" ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Their right?
    Our right?
    I'm still unsure...so make it easy...which one is in the orange shirt ?
    :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. NickCyprus

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Orange shirt - that would be Alex ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Alex_Apo

Jul 18, 2015
    Cyprus
    and soaked in sweat :p Ηad enough heat and humidity that day.

• Like Like x 1
  10. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Neat work.

Nice meet up

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  11. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
  12. Jazzer

Jazzer TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    New York
    Larry
    Very nice work guys. I love long exposure and really want to do more of it myself. Having someone else to shoot with sounds like a great idea. Gives you something to do while waiting for the exposure to finish. :)

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 2
  13. WestOkid

WestOkid TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    Gary
    Nice work guys. Really cool to find someone to shoot with. The LE really works well with that wreck. Kinda spooky mood. :hide:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. serhan

serhan TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 27, 2011
    NYC
    Great shots! I guess you finally got some clouds there:)

15. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Both of your shots are epic. But I am especially wowed by Alex's first two. Just perfect! And I'm also awestruck by his last one of those two heroic men and their cameras. :laugh1:

16. southy

southy TalkEmount Veteran

Feb 5, 2014
    Australia
    Nice, shipwrecks are always intriguing.

17. NickCyprus

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Indeed! Along the way to the destination, the sun was very bright with no signs of clouds anywhere, but we knew that place usually gives some clouds. As the sun began to set clouds made their appearance :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. izTheViz

izTheViz TalkEmount Top Veteran

May 10, 2013
    Paris
    Yannis Marigo
    Nice set guys. Nick you improved a lot recently. Just take some of your first ever LE shots and see the difference. Congrats.

• Like Like x 1
  19. WNG

WNG TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    Nice to meet you Alex and welcome!
    Excellent work gentlemen! I'm envious of that surreal location to shoot. Images have a glimpse out of time feel. Shipwrecks and LE go together like peanut butter and jelly (a USA tradition!) :D

20. Alex_Apo

Jul 18, 2015
    Cyprus
    Thank you all guys!!! @WNG@WNG Thanks for your welcome :)
    Thank you David!!! The second photo was the longest shot of that day 304sec!!

• Like Like x 1