1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Local walk.

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by southy, Oct 25, 2014.

1. southy

southy TalkEmount Veteran

Feb 5, 2014
    Australia
    There is an old bridge within only 5 minutes from my home that is listed as the oldest bridge on main land Australia. I frequent Lennox Bridge regurally but I'm usually coming out of the bush just near it on my Mountain bike or cruising across in the car. Either way I rarely stop, as nice as the area is it's kind of dull in when dry. a couple days ago I heard a storm approaching (Or at least my sook of a dog alerted me). Grabbed a cam and a couple lenses and went for a play. The water brought the area to life.

Brace yourself, history lesson approaching.

"Lennox Bridge on Mitchells Pass at Glenbrook is the oldest stone arch bridge on the Australian mainland. This elegant single span stone arch bridge was built in local stone and completed in 1833 by David Lennox using unskilled convict labour. It took one year to complete. The sandstone was quarried nearby and the bridge carried all the traffic to western New South Wales until 1926"

15421495198_82fb8a920a_b. Lennox Bridge by scotty-70, on Flickr

15421776540_861e5166f4_b. A walk in the rain by scotty-70, on Flickr

• Like Like x 15
  2. fractal

fractal TalkEmount All-Pro

Jun 17, 2014
    Southeastern PA
    Chris
    beautiful images. Both are great but I really like the first one.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Schusskabob

Schusskabob TalkEmount Regular

May 14, 2014
    Colorado, USA
    Bob
    Really like both of them. Rich colors and lots of detail.:2thumbs:

• Like Like x 1
  4. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Beautiful indeed! I like the lighting on trees on the 2nd photo a lot :thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  5. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Very lovely

• Like Like x 1
  6. BJW

BJW TalkEmount Regular

Sep 30, 2011
    USA
    Bruce
    Beautiful images, moody, well framed, wonderful processing!
    BJ

• Like Like x 1
  7. fractal

fractal TalkEmount All-Pro

Jun 17, 2014
    Southeastern PA
    Chris
    Another comment - I like how you did not feel compelled to "bring out" the shadows which seems to be all too common these days ( something I admit to doing myself ).
    Somewhere along the line - perhaps with the popularity of HDR - shadows seemto have disappeared from photos.

• Like Like x 1
  8. shaolin95

shaolin95 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jul 3, 2013
    Excellent color and detail!

• Like Like x 1
  9. southy

southy TalkEmount Veteran

Feb 5, 2014
    Australia
    Thanks for the comments all, it was worth getting wet for. Who said the NEX isn't weather sealed, :cool:

fractal funny you should mention the shadows. When I originally processed the bridge photo I did two versions this one and one with the shadows opened up. The shadows won out.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SpaceManSpiff

SpaceManSpiff TalkEmount Top Veteran

Dec 13, 2013
    Tucson, AZ
    Eric
    Southy --these are great! The second one does it for me with the winding staircase leading me around the picture.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BJW

BJW TalkEmount Regular

Sep 30, 2011
    USA
    Bruce
    Boy, do I agree with you on your comment regarding shadows. Why is it that we need detail when frequently the shadows create form within the image?
    bruce

• Like Like x 2