little spider

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Bimjo, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Picked up a new lens the other day, a Voigtlander 35mm f/2.5 rangefinder lens (hereafter referred to as the CV35). The wind is blowing like 20 mph at the moment, but I wanted to see how this lens works on my M mount helicoil focusing adapter.

The normal minimum focus distance for this lens is .7 meters (just under 28 in). With the helicoil it comes down to .3 meters (12 in) give or take. I didn't measure it, it may be a tad less. Focus was on the spider.

Anyway, wind blowing & hand held @ f/2.5 I managed this shot. I'll go out with the tripod when the weather settles down and try again, but for now I'm pretty pleased that this lens is going to be a winner.

Exif data is incorrect for aperture. I forgot to change it when I ran it through ExifChanger, it's f/2.5 not f/8.

2. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Good test shot there Bimjo... although I did wonder at first where the spider was! :)

Looks like your CV35 is a keeper
  3. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    I didn't see him at first either, only when I was seeing just how close I could get & stay in focus. He's pretty small. :)

If the 35 performs as well outside as it does indoors it's definitely a keeper. The great part about these screw mount CV lenses is they're all pretty much the same size- tiny. I like that. ;)
  4. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    As mentioned, pretty descent shot for a non macro lens.
  5. freddytto

freddytto TalkEmount All-Pro

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    well, congrats for the new toy, looks very good for macro