• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

little spider

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
Picked up a new lens the other day, a Voigtlander 35mm f/2.5 rangefinder lens (hereafter referred to as the CV35). The wind is blowing like 20 mph at the moment, but I wanted to see how this lens works on my M mount helicoil focusing adapter.

The normal minimum focus distance for this lens is .7 meters (just under 28 in). With the helicoil it comes down to .3 meters (12 in) give or take. I didn't measure it, it may be a tad less. Focus was on the spider.

Anyway, wind blowing & hand held @ f/2.5 I managed this shot. I'll go out with the tripod when the weather settles down and try again, but for now I'm pretty pleased that this lens is going to be a winner.

Exif data is incorrect for aperture. I forgot to change it when I ran it through ExifChanger, it's f/2.5 not f/8.

spider121029.jpg

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
Good test shot there Bimjo... although I did wonder at first where the spider was! :)

Looks like your CV35 is a keeper

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
I didn't see him at first either, only when I was seeing just how close I could get & stay in focus. He's pretty small. :)

If the 35 performs as well outside as it does indoors it's definitely a keeper. The great part about these screw mount CV lenses is they're all pretty much the same size- tiny. I like that. ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom