Like a kid at Christmas time...

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
I'm so stoked that this has come and it's in perfect shape too. Could be considered NOS as far as the condition goes.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Sorry for the non-Sony picture. I was in a hurry.

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer

First picture taken using the above rig.
Still haven't figured out how to focus on slides though.
Frustrating.

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
So after playing around with this setup, and not getting anywhere close to what I really want to do with it, I finally broke down and read the f!@$$#$g manual.
I just ordered a couple of adapter rings, used, that should allow me to reach my goal. Reversing the lens should do the trick. I read one instruction manual on-line that said the rail mechanism could allow that to be done, without an adapter ring, but I guess that was for a different model than the one I have. I'm still stoked, even though I have to spend more money on this system to get it to work for me. I'm just hoping it doesn't force me to upgrade my software too.

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
So while I'm waiting on the mail, I thought I'd try hooking up some other lenses to my rig to see what I could get.
Here's a shot taken with my Vivitar Macro Focusing 70-150. This has me wondering what would happen if I put my 2x extender on my Micro 55mm lens.

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Practicing...

WNG

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Will
Fun stuff!
I just received my Minolta SR bellows this week too. Hopefully, I'll get to play with that this weekend after working on my car.

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
OK, the adapter rings came today, and I found out I really didn't need them to copy slides. So much for experimenting when I'm tired. Just don't tell my wife and we'll be fine here.
So this is a slide I found and had a pretty good result with digitizing, IMHO.
What do you all think?

This is a SOOC jpeg, honest. It was done in a hurry so yes there's some dirt on the slide that probably shouldn't be there if I'd dusted it off first.
The devil is in the details when it comes to this kind of stuff isn't it?

WNG

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Will
Oh man, that brings back nightmares of the fashion during my years in the 1970s!! :D
My bell bottoms were as wide as those 747 wingspan collars.

addieleman

Passionate amateur
Real Name
Ad Dieleman
That doesn't look half bad, does it? I've copied my Dad's slides and my own in the meantime and it's great to have them accessible to the family, they love the old memories.

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
The slide was marked 1974 if I recall correctly.
By the way I didn't do anything as far as the light was concerned either. Just used the sun coming in the front window to illuminate it.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom