Lightroom Vs Acdsee Pro

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by ilovenex, Jun 15, 2013.

1. ilovenex

ilovenex TalkEmount Regular

Feb 14, 2013
    Hi guys I want to learn how to post process. Which one of these software is better and easy to use? Or if there is any other Easy ones please share. Please also share what you guys use. Thanks

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
  2. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    I can't help with which of the two to choose (since I've never used Acdsee Pro) but I myself have been using LightRoom and find it very easy :)
  3. Grisu_HDH

Grisu_HDH TalkEmount Veteran

Dec 16, 2012
    Southern Germany
    I use ACDSee 6 Pro in combination with Adobe Elements 11 and think it's a affordable combination for the things I do.
    Especially when using the Nik Collection too...

And the thing Adobe has in plan with his pro software (no more licenses to buy with unlimited use but something like membership fees per year) does not show any kind of user friendliness.

But the learning curve with ACDSee is higher cause there are nearly no books or videos available.

But the price is always interesting and much cheaper than Lightroom. There is a Special Sale these days again! ACDSee 16 was announced for release too.
    But remember to choose the Pro version 6 or upcoming 7 to get RAW support!
  4. Deadbear77

Deadbear77 TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Sep 14, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    The only problem I see with another system is its a slippery slope of lenses.

I want to go full frame but the A99 is way too over priced.

Saw a deal for a Canon 6D for 1500 but body only.

I may just save my money.

Sent from my iPhone using TalkNEX mobile app
  5. ChangshaNotes

ChangshaNotes Super Moderator

Aug 15, 2012
    Lightroom is the easiest of those two to get information online. It seem to be the most widely used application for photographers both pro and amateur alike. There are mountains of tutorials, books, presets and examples to help you learn. Even on this forum, there majority use Lightroom (a guess) so advice is easy to come by.

I'm not saying its better. I don't know, but popular does have its advantages.
  6. Grisu_HDH

Grisu_HDH TalkEmount Veteran

Dec 16, 2012
    Southern Germany
    One thing you can't deny about ACDSee Pro: IT'S FAST!!!
    And I mean: REAL FAST!!!