1. Welcome to TalkEmount.com—a friendly Sony E-mount camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Lightroom the Straw that broke the Camels back

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by Xterra, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Xterra

Xterra TalkEmount Regular

Feb 8, 2016
    Dan
    I have LR 6.14 latest release just in time to support my A7RIII
    Been also using Capture One on to compare and came to the conclusion with same settings, Capture One was sharper crisper processing.
    I just upgraded Laptops and needed to re-intall everything on my new machine.
    So...
    what broke the Camels back today was after installing LR6.14 latest version my GPS data map no longer is supported. WTF Adobe? Why remove it?
    Map is no longer supported in this version of Lightroom
    A change in Map calls has been made.

Impact on Lightroom Classic CC 7.x and Lightroom CC 2015.x/Lightroom 6.x

Starting on November 30, 2018, Map view is no longer supported on these versions. This will not be fixed as these versions are no longer supported by Adobe. When you go to the Map module after this date, the screen will appear blank and will not show any map view.

Map view is supported in Lightroom Classic CC 8.0 and later versions only.

Good Bye Adobe!!!!
    Capture One thank you for helping in transition

2. bdbits

bdbits TalkEmount All-Pro

Sep 10, 2015
    Bob
    It's the sort of thing that happens when vendors control your software from afar, and why I don't like subscription/cloud-based software.

Your decision is at a good time for C1. The last couple versions added local adjustment layers which I find really useful, improved auto masking now with luminosity masks, a bunch of UI improvements... it has matured a lot. I was considering a move to ON1 which I have been playing with, may yet but rethinking that and might stick with C1 v12.

3. Xterra

Xterra TalkEmount Regular

Feb 8, 2016
    Dan
    I will file suit against Adobe, this was a perpetual license! in Advertisement it said FULL GPS Map support! Damages will be determined! Stay tuned....

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Biro

Biro TalkEmount Regular Subscribing Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Regrettably, this seems to be the only language many companies and people understand. Only if you're going to cost them time and money will you get thier attention.

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.