• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

lighthouse reprocessed

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
Ok, I was bored a bit ago and reprocessed a shot that I took the same time as those in the "Clover Island at night" post. I did dark & light versions of the same RAW file, combined them in the CS5 HDR module adjusted to taste, including reduced luminace/saturation in the blue/cyan slider in a saturation layer to kill the blue in the sky.

Then I layered that over the dark frame and used the eraser tool to erase the street light bloom in the HDR layer. A little straighten the horizon/crop and viola!

Here's the version I posted on my blog originally:

NEX-5N    E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS    18mm    f/11.0    1/1s    ISO 100

And the one I just reprocessed:

NEX-5N    E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS    18mm    f/11.0    1/1s    ISO 100

Halka

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Ľubomír Brindza
I don't really think the original photo needed the HDR treatment. Thing with HDR is, it can be really hard to pull off right (potentially leading to exaggerated noise, haloing, washed-out colors, etc. etc.).

Subjectively, I'm not crazy about the sky as it is now (unless, of course, you went for the bleak look on purpose). Otherwise, there is a slight halo around the lighthouse you might want to mask out.

Top Bottom