1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

lighthouse reprocessed

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Bimjo, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Ok, I was bored a bit ago and reprocessed a shot that I took the same time as those in the "Clover Island at night" post. I did dark & light versions of the same RAW file, combined them in the CS5 HDR module adjusted to taste, including reduced luminace/saturation in the blue/cyan slider in a saturation layer to kill the blue in the sky.

Then I layered that over the dark frame and used the eraser tool to erase the street light bloom in the HDR layer. A little straighten the horizon/crop and viola!

Here's the version I posted on my blog originally:

clover_island120719_04.

And the one I just reprocessed:

clover_island120719_16.

2. Halka

Halka TalkEmount Regular

Mar 11, 2012
    SVK
    Ľubomír Brindza
    I don't really think the original photo needed the HDR treatment. Thing with HDR is, it can be really hard to pull off right (potentially leading to exaggerated noise, haloing, washed-out colors, etc. etc.).

Subjectively, I'm not crazy about the sky as it is now (unless, of course, you went for the bleak look on purpose). Otherwise, there is a slight halo around the lighthouse you might want to mask out.

3. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Thanks for the comments. :)