1. Welcome to TalkEmount.com—a friendly Sony E-mount camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

LightBox recommendations

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by davect01, Feb 9, 2019.

1. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    I enjoy Macro work but have never had a proper lightbox.

I'm not looking for anything fancy but also don't want to get a piece of crap. I'm not looking to shoot anything larger than a large candle.

2. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    I’ve never tried a lightbox. But I bet you’d find a bunch of ideas for them if you searched YouTube for “macro lightbox.”

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Already have been watching a few videos :) 

4. Richard Crowe

Richard Crowe TalkEmount Regular

Sep 14, 2018
    I have been using a Light Box for many years now! In fact, I now use my second copy. Nothing went wrong with the first copy but I spilled a cup of coffee over it which resulted in a stain. I purchased mine from eBay. Lusana Studio 30 Inch Photography Light Tent-Photo Cube Softbox Light Box 76cm 757764155995 | eBay
    This one is a bit more expensive than the one I am using but is from the same supplier. I guess that the prices have increased over the years. However, considering the general prices of photo equipment, these are not very costly.
    I light this with two small studio strobes (cheapie Chinese) and the tent works just great.
    Also included are handy various colored backgrounds...
    I have added these two acrylic squares which can give a nice reflection to the light box images.
    Neewer 15.7 x 15.7 inches Black and White Acrylic Reflective Display Boards 191073021396 | eBay

5. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave

Thanks. I kind of forgot about this ;-) Still want to do it

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.