LightBox recommendations

davect01

Super Moderator
Real Name
Dave
I enjoy Macro work but have never had a proper lightbox.

I'm not looking for anything fancy but also don't want to get a piece of crap. I'm not looking to shoot anything larger than a large candle.

WoodWorks

Super Moderator
Real Name
David
I enjoy Macro work but have never had a proper lightbox.

I'm not looking for anything fancy but also don't want to get a piece of crap. I'm not looking to shoot anything larger than a large candle.
I’ve never tried a lightbox. But I bet you’d find a bunch of ideas for them if you searched YouTube for “macro lightbox.”

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount Veteran
I have been using a Light Box for many years now! In fact, I now use my second copy. Nothing went wrong with the first copy but I spilled a cup of coffee over it which resulted in a stain. I purchased mine from eBay. Lusana Studio 30 Inch Photography Light Tent-Photo Cube Softbox Light Box 76cm 757764155995 | eBay
This one is a bit more expensive than the one I am using but is from the same supplier. I guess that the prices have increased over the years. However, considering the general prices of photo equipment, these are not very costly.
I light this with two small studio strobes (cheapie Chinese) and the tent works just great.
Also included are handy various colored backgrounds...
I have added these two acrylic squares which can give a nice reflection to the light box images.
Neewer 15.7 x 15.7 inches Black and White Acrylic Reflective Display Boards 191073021396 | eBay

davect01

Super Moderator
Real Name
Dave
I have been using a Light Box for many years now! In fact, I now use my second copy. Nothing went wrong with the first copy but I spilled a cup of coffee over it which resulted in a stain. I purchased mine from eBay. Lusana Studio 30 Inch Photography Light Tent-Photo Cube Softbox Light Box 76cm 757764155995 | eBay
This one is a bit more expensive than the one I am using but is from the same supplier. I guess that the prices have increased over the years. However, considering the general prices of photo equipment, these are not very costly.
I light this with two small studio strobes (cheapie Chinese) and the tent works just great.
Also included are handy various colored backgrounds...
I have added these two acrylic squares which can give a nice reflection to the light box images.
Neewer 15.7 x 15.7 inches Black and White Acrylic Reflective Display Boards 191073021396 | eBay

Thanks. I kind of forgot about this ;-) Still want to do it

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom